PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ordered from this site?

33 Daytona
04-02-2003, 09:51 AM
http://www.captainjackslog.com/dockline.shtml

i was thinking about getting some custom dock lines for the new 33 Daytona and was wondering if anyone had ordered from this site or if there are anyother suppliers of custom dock lines. I would like the lines to have 33 Donzi embrordered on them.

thanks, for any help

Sam
04-02-2003, 10:06 AM
No, but I have this company, www.myrope.com (http://www.myrope.com)

Sam

boldts
04-02-2003, 10:07 AM
28ZX,

Some of the Michigan members and I met this company at the Detroit Boat Show 2 years ago. We placed a fairly big order with them and received a discount on all our orders. I took advantage of the opportunity to pick-up lines for the wonderful people that had helped me with AOTH at the time including a couple custom lines for my 22 Classic. They really add a touch of class when the boat is sitting at a boating restaurant or even the launch ramp and people can see the custom lettering on the ropes. Turn around time for me was excellent although I paid a little more to have them ready and to me by AOTH II last year.

<small>[ April 02, 2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: boldts ]</small>

33 Daytona
04-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Thanks! I will be ordering soon!

Brad Lyon
04-02-2003, 11:36 AM
That guy had quite the smile on his face after we left his booth, didn't he Scott? If I remember correctly seven of us ordered lines from him at over $100 per order each.

Brad

Ranman
04-02-2003, 01:25 PM
They're lines.

:D :D :D

Darrell
04-02-2003, 01:33 PM
You might check with Donzi, they sent me 6 black ropes with Donzi logo embrordered on them as a thank-you gift for buying my boat, Great looking ropes. :) :) :)

Darrell

<small>[ April 02, 2003, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: Darrell ]</small>

boldts
04-02-2003, 01:47 PM
Sorry Randy.... :rolleyes: I fixed it. "Beth, please give me the lines out of the back of the truck." "What do you want? No the line at the restroom is not long!"

Brad, you are soooo right. wink

Darrell, yep, I have a couple of those also thanks to a board member. Boat is blue and white though and my blue lines that say "22 Classic" match much better. Great thought since they are free. :D

Ranman
04-02-2003, 03:26 PM
Alright, Brad, Sam or Scott,

Will one of you guys post a pic of what you ordered? I think I saw some of lines you guys ordered somewhere and now I want som. What did you order and what did you get on them?

Brad Lyon
04-02-2003, 09:33 PM
Randy,

I ordered four lines, or are they ropes! Two fifteen foot lengths and two twenty five foot lengths. His yellow is almost a perfect match for the yellow Donzi and I had "Yellow Jacket" embroidered on them. If you click on the above link you will see some pictures.

After I received the lines our Cub Master showed me how to prepare the ends (without any flame or heat) so they will never fray.

Brad

<small>[ April 02, 2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Brad Lyon ]</small>

boldts
04-02-2003, 10:43 PM
Sorry guys, no digital in my house yet. I'm tearing the place apart looking for the business card for a name. The site has an e-mail option to contact them and ask about a large group rate. I believe we got 10% off maybe a little more. :confused:

boldts
04-03-2003, 08:28 AM
Poodle, please explain the difference in poly and nylon. My blue lines are the soft, weaved, smooth as silk type not what I thought poly was. (You can see the actual large stands in the line weaved together with a very ruff to the touch, plastic look.) :confused: Borrowing a digital as soon as possible. :)

Brad Lyon
04-03-2003, 11:32 AM
I would take a picture of mine however they are in the boat locked up in my pole barn two and a half hours away! :mad:

Will spring ever get here?

Brad