PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Coast - Orange Beach - Pedido

RedDog
05-29-2001, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know about the Orange Beach - Pedido area. I will be vacationing with family for a week - Would it be worth trailering an 18 Classic for approximately 10 hours. If the boating in an 18 would be great, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'll just lay on the beach and maybe join a party boat for some fishing.

If so, any recommended locations to visit?

Thanks

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

RickR
05-29-2001, 04:28 PM
Where is Orange Beach?

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

RedDog
05-30-2001, 09:26 AM
Orange Beach is in AL, evidently just over the FL state line

Steve Smith
05-30-2001, 10:38 AM
Orange Beach is the first community you hit when traveling into Alabama from Pensacola. For those of you who have not been there and are looking for a great beach, I would highly recommend it. We tend to bounce back and forth between Orange Beach and Destin, Florida, for our beach trips.

There is a lot of great boating in the area. If the housing where you are staying does not have boat parking, there are a couple of good marinas which should be able to take care of your boat. If you decide to not take the boat, just head to the Florabama Lounge, sit on the back deck and listen to the bands.

DonziDave
05-30-2001, 11:58 AM
I was the Architect for some ocean front hotels in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores a few years ago. Beautiful area! Sugar-white sand, blue water, FloraBama Bar, great music, mullet-tossing, good boating! As the locals say: "It's the red-neck Riviera"