PDA

View Full Version : New Driver Ejects Passenger

GeneD
05-29-2001, 07:23 AM
I just received information from three different sources that a new Donzi owner in my area carelessly exercised a high speed manouever over a boat wake in his 18-2+3 and ejected at least one passenger, who required a visit to the hospital.
This act was witnessed by people onshore and on the water, and though an accident, this should prove that extreme care should be taken with novice passengers on board. Though I am sure even a seasoned veteran of high speed boating would have been thrown out too. The eye witnesses said the boat was vertical after leaving the jump.
Big fella, your friends are worried about you and your antics. In fact, the words I heard more than once was, "He's going to kill himself..."
For the sake of the safety of the people around you, whose care you are responsible for while in your boat, refrain from the high speed antics until you have a better understanding of your boat.
I think everyone is aware that a person ejected from a boat has a great chance of being killed, especially at 60+ MPH.
Am I lecturing or what?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 05-29-2001).]

Gearhead99
05-29-2001, 08:05 PM
Gene,

Good points about having inexperienced people in your boat while you're pushing it.
Care should be taken. I think all of us on the board love speed and performance. BUT, are also careful with are loved ones and friends onboard. Heck, I can remember my wife telling me to pull over and let her off at a dock so I could go after a Hydro Stream in a nasty chop !!!

Thanks..
But, I think you're preaching to the choir. We are the responsible ones.