PDA

View Full Version : Internal Flappers

Crossbow
05-28-2001, 07:07 PM
My Z-33's internal flappers are missing on three of the four exhaust tips but the vertical posts that they were attached to are still there and seem to be solid ,does anyone know of an after market flapper that I can bolt on to these posts they seem to be about a 1/4" wide and are pretty easy to reach ! anyone ever replace their factory flappers ? If so how? don't have enough time to change the tips it's boating season HELP!!!

Randy Hibbard
05-29-2001, 11:01 AM
Yea, same thing happened to me. Had to weld in the new flapper on my 87. Then a year later it was gone again. The Rubber just can't hold up I guess. I fixed the problem by getting a new set of Rex Marine angle tips with internal metal flappers. Sure they sound noisy at idle, but I never worry about water in the manifods. Goodluck.

------------------

Randy

Tim Howland
05-30-2001, 07:32 PM
Crossbow,

I have a Stainless Marine exhaust system on my '87 Minx. The internal flaps got cooked last season. I sent the tips back to Allen Brown at Stainless Marine, they installed SS flaps. Had them back that week. Pistons will compress gas, but not water. Very high quality stuff out of the Stainless folks.

All good,
Tim.

Jamesbon
05-30-2001, 08:21 PM
I have the Stainless Marine 4" SS tips with SS internal flappers. In my opinion, they're the best! Nothing to melt or corrode.

Crossbow
06-01-2001, 04:55 PM
MP Thats exactly what i did for the moment,used the external flaps, its just that i had a set of drew shotguns which I was hoping to reuse but internals are a must with that set up ,anyway externals are on and I just took my maiden voyage with my new Crossbow ,ran great hour from Shinecock inlet to montauk harbor ,nothing but OCEAN!!!