PDA

View Full Version : talk to the factory?

riverrat
05-27-2001, 07:11 AM
I don't see where the factory is anwsering any of the new posts. Are they still looking at it?

502 Magnum
05-27-2001, 02:54 PM
I`m sorry too,asked for a simple colorcode,
I have to take a trip from Norway to the States with a bunch of yellow colortabs
from PPG in my pockets,to get the color
used on todays hull,

harbormaster
05-28-2001, 10:15 PM
EASY Pissed Poodle (SCOTT)....

Seriously Bjorn,
They answer alot of questions but cannot answer all questions. If its really important and you are in a crunch, try calling donzi customer service.
I posted some old color codes. Was that not good info for you? Let me know.

Ratman (Steve)- Is there a question you would like to ask the factory? or did you run out of things to say?
(call me for lunch I have your San Jacinto River edition of the Donzi Registry cap.)

Donzi Customer Service
05-29-2001, 07:01 AM
River Rat,

We do try to moniter the boards daily, but sometimes the day is just too short so I also try to moniter them in the evening once I get home. If you have posted a question on the board and someone has not responded within a resonable amount of time, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My number is 800-446-6725 ext 274. If I do not know the answer to your question, I'll do everything in my power to find out, or at the very least, I'll try to at least give some sort of suggestion.

Donnie

502 Magnum
05-29-2001, 04:21 PM
OK guys,I`m sorry,I have some explaining to
do.First I wanted to use a yellow color
like the origin around the 90s as posible.
After a lot of trying I put that behind.
Thats right I got answers From the Facktory,
but it was still about the OMCs days and
so on,and from biggtalkers,how do I use a
Photospectometer whit out a color,from the
faded colors on the boats on internett?
And I`v got help and suport from a lot
of guys on the board,and I want to tell you
that I appreciate and respect it very much.
A litle more to MR Nice guy,I`v tryed for
about 3-4 mounth to get the yellow color
from todays or latest years Donzi hulls,
but with no luck,may be you or some other
on the board have a yellow Donzi at your
plase,please take a good pic and E Mail me.
Thanks again Scot,for help and support,the
Youma Yellow from the map you posted looks
a bit light,i think its better to go for
the one they use today.

Bjørn

Donzitester
05-29-2001, 08:29 PM
Yea! MADPOODLE,
Thank you for telling it like it is!!
Unfortunately thats exactly why I keep a low
profile in here, cause of comments like that
from him and others, CDM....oh well they know who they are. And God bless Donzi Customer Service (Donnie) for hanging in there!

[This message has been edited by Donzitester (edited 05-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Donzitester (edited 05-29-2001).]

roadtrip2
05-29-2001, 09:28 PM
Lesson learned from this thread.... Don't piss off poodle, he bite. I agree with the sentiments expressed here. Every interaction I have had with the factory has been handled in a positive manner and with haste. And I am not an easy person to please. Keeping my boat dry in Texas, Todd

BigGrizzly
05-29-2001, 10:22 PM
I work for American Honda and nobody beats us, but Donzi will tie us. I could tell you some good stories but I won't. My hats off to Donzi and their CR department. Donny you care its not just a job to you. Thanks MP I get to save my fangs for another day. If we work together then something gets done. If we don't its just lip service blowing smoke).

Randy

CDMA
05-29-2001, 11:27 PM
Donzi tester,

I hope you did not take my " intertesting knowledge" comment the wrong way. I was very serious regarding that. I wish I could have talked to you regarding x dimensions before I cut my transom. Knowledge such as yours regarding donzi's is an indespensible part of the board.

Chris

502 Magnum
05-30-2001, 02:15 AM
Donzitester
Thanks for Reply,yellow is yellow.
Have a nice day.

Donzi Customer Service
05-30-2001, 07:36 AM
Hey guys, it my pleasure to try to help out where I can. As a 1973 18 Classic owner I have learned a lot about the "Older Donzi Classics" on this site.
I think that "HarborMaster" does an outstanding job with this site, and I couldn't immagine this site without his help. Like someone recently said he is a "class act".
Remember you can reach me at 800-446-6725 ext 274 or <dabel@donzimail.net>.

Donnie

502 Magnum
05-30-2001, 09:47 AM
To this exelent Board.
I feel verry sad after been called bad
things from an employed on the Donzi factory,after Mr.Madpoodle saying that
I`m blasting the factory with my post.
May be I`m going for a trip to the States
in the spring,but without colortabs in
my pockets.I`v got help,I`v got personally
mail with pictures,and more from the factory,
I`v got major respect for the fine people
at Donzi,to make this crystall clear,I love
my faded green old Donzi,the factory guys,and
last but most the Harbormaster and this board.

With best regards

Bjørn Hurum, Norway.

(Sorry about my language,I`m Norwegian
but related to a lot of you Americans)

Donzi Customer Service
05-30-2001, 10:58 AM
I think that I speak for all of us at Donzi Marine when I say that we are frustrated that what little records that existed when the OMC owned Donzi were either lost or destroyed. The people in charge of our records now are doing a fantastic job, for instance if you wanted to look up gelcoat color now, the file would not only show what color the boat was sprayed, but also the date, time and the temperature that day. This may not help us old Classic owners now, but it will be a great asset to our kids in the future.

Kong
05-30-2001, 12:06 PM
Geeez...Is anybody out there going to accept 502's apologies?? Sounds like there are a bunch of thin skins out there. Lets not be so quick to judge his attitude..especially since there appears to be a language issue here. Maybe miscommunication??

doug hess
05-30-2001, 12:36 PM
I have from a 1989 magazine, an insert labelled "Donzi 1989 Brochure". It is a 6 page, fold out with some of the page backgrounds in yellow. Three of the boats pictured are yellow. The Crossbow Z-33 is blue.

I own a yellow 1988 Ragazza and repaired a small damaged area using a can of spray paint made by Krylon. The match is pretty close but not exact. It is their #1806 Sun Yellow Gloss. Krylon is a brand of Sherwin-Williams Paint Company, Cleveland, Ohio, USA 44115, Phone 1-800-4-KRYLON.

If you would like a copy of this brochure I could have a local copy center make one and send it to you for the costs plus shipping.

Doug

502 Magnum
05-30-2001, 05:22 PM
Great to hear from you Donnie,thanks.

Doug,thanks for suport and help.

Bjørn

Peter Beck
05-30-2001, 07:23 PM
Let's move on.

Donzitester
05-30-2001, 08:34 PM
Yea, I agree time to move on,
Bye

Bryan Tuvell
05-30-2001, 08:43 PM
Yep, I agree, BUT, let me just say the factory support has always been there for us, but the replies are by phone or mostly private email.

Best of luck to all....
Bryan

502 Magnum
05-31-2001, 06:44 AM
Yep,I agree with you guys,time to move on.

An other item.Move on,my frustration
begins to be complete,I bought my Z33 Donzi
in Florida in end of november last year.My
agreement with the man,who was going to ship
my boat to Norway,was to ship it in the midle of mars,because of the strong winter up
here.He knew I`v payed my boat,and had to wait,and here comes the best!I`m still
without my Donzi.I`ll get my boat next week,
I have talked to the ferry line,my boat has
been in Germany for 10 days.So thats for shure,no Donzi boating for me this year,the
boat seasen up here is around 3-4 mounth
if we are lucky with the weather.To you
Harourmaster,because of all this delay I
havnt sendt you pictures and registration
for the Registry.Next week I`m starting from
scratch,looking forward to begin and to be
finished.
To all of you,have a great Donzi summer,
and thanks again for support.

riverrat
06-06-2001, 07:01 PM
Well, I guess I should post the last reply since I started it.. Man poodle, Bad day HUH? Anyway, I was just wondering how fast the new boats with the big motors are running now. I still love mine.. Nobody ever out runs us 0 to 50!!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Rich
06-06-2001, 07:16 PM
I love you guys man.........

Group Hug