PDA

View Full Version : May have found my next Donzi!

boldts
05-26-2001, 07:48 PM
Gentlemen,
I found a 1979 Criterion located up in CT for $14,500. It is White with a Dark blue stripe. 454 engine with a TRS drive. Dual axle galvanized trailer. Boat has been summarized each year, but not used for the last 4 years. Spoke with the owner on the phone and he is sending me pictures tomorrow if the rain stops and he can uncover the boat. Randy and Barbara Carabelli, I can't thank-you enough for introducing this model Donzi to me at KY. It may be some sleepless nights in OH until I see the pictures. More later as pictures and info become available. Man, I love a good Donzi project. AOTH, now looking for a larger Donzi at a price I can handle.

Donzitester
05-26-2001, 07:59 PM
Scott,
Good luck with your maybe new boat,
sounds cool! I know the sleepless night syndrome. I sold my 18 today, the first
guy to look at it grabbed it and get this
no haggling and he didn't even start the engine! I started working on the 22 today
and its going well, estimate 8 weeks max
till complete, but you know how that goes.
well bye for now.

boldts
05-26-2001, 08:09 PM
DonziTester,
Thanks and Congrats on selling your 18'. Maybe the buyer spoke with someone here and had no reserves about the purchase. Amazing how the Donzi appeal works isn't it? Geoo, are you anywhere near Portland, CT? Anyone else? Would be nice to have someone in the area give me feedback on the boat.

Scott, Beth and Allison
Round on the ends, HI in the middle

BERTRAM BOY
05-27-2001, 12:01 AM
Scott,
Portland is the next town over from where I live. There are only 5 marinas in Portland, so that kind of narrows it down. Let me know which one and I'll go take a look if you'd like. Or can e-mail me with the location.
BERTRAM BOY

DONZIMAN2
05-27-2001, 12:30 AM
Scott, Good luck with the new boat. Mine has about 15 hours on it now. It rides awesome out in the Ches Bay which is what I was looking for. Hope Bryan gets his back soon. I went out to dinner with him and his lovely bride this evening. Great meal and as always good company. You need to get down here soon. Talk to you later.

BigGrizzly
05-28-2001, 02:40 PM
Scott Know the boat It use to be in the DEA fleet. It has a 330 Merc with a trs drive like mine. The engine is all origional even the exhaust. It needs some work but not alot. Rayjay wen't to look at it last year, and liked it but Finance bind and fanily in the hospital curtailed his purchas. He never heard it run thoe. Engine looked clean from the outside. Owner is interested in snomobileing at his house in Vermont. He doesn't really need the money so he can wait if he doesn't get his price. The boat should run in the mid 50-> low 60mph with that power. Rayjay said owner was a nice guy. Thats all I know on the boat.

Randy

[This message has been edited by BigGrizzly (edited 05-28-2001).]

boldts
05-28-2001, 08:39 PM
Here are the pictures I received from the owner of the 1979 Criterion. Do you all think 14,500 is a fair price? Pictures are large so you'll need to use your slide bars to view all 5 pictures. Can anyone tell me what the little circles in front of the Donzi logo say?

Scott Boldt

[This message has been edited by boldts (edited 06-08-2001).]

Formula Jr
06-01-2001, 08:16 PM
I think its a McGruff the crime dog sticker.

olredalert
06-01-2001, 10:28 PM
Scott,
Until about 5 years ago when I first saw the Fords Criterion I didnt know they ever made this deck style.This one is in concours condition compared to that one.Looks like a fair buy to me.We all would like to get a deal.I know I would every once in awhile,but every time I really want something my BO must change or something.I must have I WANT IT stamped on my forehead or something.The price seems fair enough to me that if you love the boat,dont miss out on it.Lifes too short!!!!!!!...........just........ol red and his random thoughts!

Frank Civitano
06-02-2001, 06:40 AM
Scott.
I wish you the best. Thats one great looking boat.

Ted . Mike is here with mewhen you buikd your 22 he told me your are putting in the High back ZX seats. If you need a pair I have a set up in my Attic White with red yellow and black stripe there new. I put bolsters in my 22 ZX.