PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Get together Atlantic City in August

Frank Civitano
05-26-2001, 07:59 AM
Ok here we go I have been busy on the phones and trying to get something together for Atlantic City. I will be going to meet with Gene Carrol today at Cape Island and talk to him about the NJPPC poker run and also a Donzi get together in August with all the whistles and bells. This is a great place to have a get together, but just like the AOTH there will be no rain dates this is Trumps Marina and hotel This will be a 2 day get together, Hooters is the patio bar and grill there are coves and plenty of places to go by water. or we can hang out at the bar go out for single rides dual rides. Some may want to try the Ocean or stay in the bay. The marina will keep all our Donzis together so we can put up banners. I will be talking to Carlos from trumps if we want to have a patio breakfast. I will let you know how much the slips are and rooms at Trumps. There are a couple of local motels close by I will check on. If you don't want to stay over night You will just need to pay for the slip. I will know more by the end of the weekend. Mike after you do the poker run with us next week you will see why this place will make a perfect spot for a Donzi meet. ( A very big Audience) Please let me or Christian know if you are Interested.
Thanks
Frank Civitano

MikeMiller
05-26-2001, 08:49 PM
Frankie,

Donzi and I are very interested!! Do some leg work, we can discuss more this coming weekend when I see you in Atlantic City.

Do ya really think any Donzi owners would travel any more than a couple of hours from their cozy homes to come to a little get-together?

Mike Miller
Donzi Marine

Frank Civitano
05-26-2001, 10:37 PM
Mike
The first part of the leg work is done. Met with Cape Island today and they are in 100%in, Gene is a great guy. This week I will see if we can get the slips for a better price then $4.oo a ft. And call Carlos at Trumps to see if we can get a block of rooms at the Hotel. Gene from Cape Island can come if the date is August 11th and 12th. This will be open to all Donzis old and new. Just being with Donzi owners is worth putting this all together.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Dr. Dan
05-27-2001, 08:20 AM
Frank, Liz & I would definitely love to attend this event. Unfortunately,we are in Bermuda (12th-19th), Sounds like a great venue. If the dates change we'll be there ...Doc

[This message has been edited by Dr. Dan (edited 05-27-2001).]

boldts
05-27-2001, 10:38 AM
Frank,
I'm looking into getting over to AC. We are going down to Myrtle Beach, SC the first week of August with hopefully a stop at lake Norman, NC to visit with Vagrant, on to SC, on the way back home, a stop in VA to visit with Brian Tuvell and the VA gang, then maybe on to AC before going home. Whew, now that would be a serious Roadtrip. May have to change my handle. LOL Next month, (Sept) out to Tahoe! So many new Donzi friends, so little time and $$'s. I'll see if we can do it. I sure hope we can swing it.

Scott, Beth & Allison
Round on the ends, HI in the middle!

Dr. Dan
05-27-2001, 11:26 AM
MP, you dog you! I checked with my Travel Dudes, and I don't leave until the 12th, so I might be able to squeeze in a day of A.C. Fun after all...? I'm very psyched...Doc

Christian
05-28-2001, 10:49 AM
Frank,
yes yes yes!!!
i tried calling you last week, left a message not sure if you recieved it yet, no worries. i'll get in touch with you and rob and gene this wk to see what happening.
talk to you soon

BigGrizzly
05-28-2001, 03:14 PM
BArb doesn't have any vacation left ans Andy starts school on the 13, but I don't think Marc has any plans. I can't promis , but it may be possible. Stay tuned more at Eleven. Need to go up and see my mom anyway she is 90 now, and the main reason I have a Donzi.

Randy

Varyak
05-28-2001, 04:47 PM
Okay, I'm insane.
I figure I will visit Lake Lanier in nothern Georgia for a day. Then maybe hook up with Bolts for a day on Lake Norman, then go to Virginia for a day on Smith Mountain Lake, then on to Atlantic City for the gathering there on the 11th and 12th of August, then head south to Lake ? in SC on the way home to Florida.
MadPoodle, you and Heidi interested in this kind of round robin adventure? Max out the cool big lakes in one trip.
At the very least, I'm progamming AC into my summer boating schedule.
Mark
(Yeah, I'm in Florida, a great place to be far away from in August)

Bryan Tuvell
05-28-2001, 05:17 PM
Frank, well we are a real good possibility, it would be a family event for us, I will bounce it off my wife this evening. That is only 300 miles for us via the Eastern Shore of VA.

I will keep an eye on the thread, so are those dates firm?
The Trump Marina has a very nice web site also. www.trumpmarina.com/default.asp (http://www.trumpmarina.com/default.asp)

Just FYI, prices are posted through June 30th, probably higher in August.

Nancy says we are in..... keep us posted with all the details, once I hear more Nancy will put in for no call that weekend.
Bryan

[This message has been edited by Bryan Tuvell (edited 05-28-2001).]

boldts
05-28-2001, 07:11 PM
Bryan,
Thanks for the website. Really lets you know what is where.

Frank,
Is there a near-by launch ramp near Trump Marina? I didn't see anything listed.

Scott Boldt

Christian
05-28-2001, 07:52 PM
There are a couple of places to splash donzis around the trump area i believe there are 2 public ramps and 1 or 2 pay ramps within the area as well, b/t ac and brig bay area i will get some info on this at get it out asap

Christian

Frank Civitano
05-28-2001, 08:49 PM
We will be making phone calls this week and getting this all down. There are 2 marinas in the AC area that have lifts and ramps. Trumps is also next to Brigantine that has a few Marinas. We are getting prices on near by Hotels and the openings and prices of Trumps. There are a few motels close by. Not in AC but 1/2 mile away. Trumps would be the best bet. I will talk to them and see if we can get a block of rooms for a lower price. Christian We will be in AC Saturday about 12-12.30 with the Poker run Club. We will be putting all the Donzis in a group. we can talk to the Marina and make final arrangments for the Donzi get together Saturday I will work on the 4.00ft charge and try to get them down. I will keep everyone informed.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GeneD
05-29-2001, 07:03 AM
This sounded like a lot of fun, and I thought about making the trek, but...I have to be in Cleveland, Ohio of all places for the APBA race that weekend.
Hope you all have a lot of fun, I KNOW you will if FrankC is hosting the event!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Frank Civitano
05-29-2001, 05:52 PM
Thanks Gene!

Only wish you could be there, We always have a great time when your around.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Bryan Tuvell
05-29-2001, 05:56 PM
Frank, I still need to surf the info some more for details, where is trailer parking etc...

as told to me at dinner tonight, "we are staying at the Trump or I am not going!" Got to love a woman who knows what she wants!

Bryan

Varyak
05-29-2001, 06:54 PM
Frank,
Mark and (TBA) will be there with "Last Tango". Long tow from Florida, but I'm gonna do the "Donzi World Tour 2001" on the way.
Grizz, where is a good place to stay and launch on Lake Lanier?
Vagrant, where is a good place to stay and launch on Lake Norman?
Anybody use Smith Mountain Lake in Virginia? Same questions.

Any other Floridians or Georgians want to join the loop to Atlantic City?

Wahoooooooo! Who says I don't have The (Donzi)Fever this summer?
Mark Laszlo
"Last Tango" is the unofficial second most expensive 2001 Classic 18 in existance.

Looped
05-29-2001, 09:12 PM
Hmmm, maybe a 4-hour road trip. Gotta see what's on that datearooski on the old calendar thingakabob http://www.donzi.net/ubb/icons/icon3.gif I think my Wife's cousin still is a manager at the Hotel right to the left of the Trump's Hotel if you are facing them from the ocean too (not sure what it was called). Let me take a look http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gifsee.

Craig

boldts
05-29-2001, 11:10 PM
Mark,
Don't know when your starting your world tour trip, but looks like Beth and I will be in Charlotte Friday August 3rd. Still not sure if the Donzi is coming with, but would love to meet up with you and Vagrant (David) for dinner and if I bring the boat, an afternoon on Lake Norman.

Scott Boldt

Christian
05-30-2001, 07:07 AM
Bryan,
whenever i bring my rig over to trumps i just stick it in the parking lot right next to the marina, accross from the hotel. there is always enough space. and no1 gives me any grief about it. I park it out of the way so it can't get messed with

Christian

Frank Civitano
05-30-2001, 09:23 AM
Christian.

I am working on permission from Dee at Farley State marina. We will be looking at 20-40 boat trailers? She is going to see if we can rope off an area. Here is a list of boat ramps in the area.
Brigantine. Municipal ramp 609-266-7600
Atlantic City municipal ramps 609-347-5421
Boulevard ramp
Badar ave ramp
Hackneys boat yard Margate Bridge 609-641-1379
Absecon Municipal ramp
east Faunce Landing No Number.
I will need a list of boats, Sizes, Captains, length and if you need power. Cape Island will be sending out invites to all there Donzi owners. Please let me know ASAP for us to get the discount from Dee. We will be docking Friday night and Sat night leaving Sunday. I will get a list of hotels on White Hoarse Pkwy thats on the way in to AC for anyone that don't want to stay at Trumps. Your boat will be safe at the Marina they have Security 24hrs a day and gates.

------------------
Frank Civitano

marcdups
06-06-2001, 08:21 PM
frank I am certainly interested, 16 classic, marc dupavillon, no power and will wait for the hotel list unless donald cuts us a break !!!
marc

marcdups
06-06-2001, 08:24 PM
P:s: mike why not , I believe we are all sort of nuts, don't you think???????????
Marc

north of the equator

marcdups
06-06-2001, 08:39 PM
P:s: mike why not , I believe we are all sort of nuts, don't you think???????????
Marc

north of the equator