PDA

View Full Version : who is going to lake eufula on labor day?

roadtrip2
05-25-2001, 11:21 PM
Okay, I'm spoiled after the AOTH, beautiful water and lots of Donzis. How may of you diehards are up for this event?

Forrest
05-26-2001, 07:11 AM
Even though there are no waterfalls or fancy dockage, I'll be there.

------------------
Forrest

Frank Civitano
05-26-2001, 08:13 AM
Ok here we go again. Were is this located. I have a timeshare in Sebastian around that time! Could be a thought? Did any one say Donzi get together.

------------------
Frank Civitano

boldts
05-27-2001, 09:56 PM
Looks like Beth and I will be able to make this event. Lakepoint State Park and Resort is where everyone gathers. Emmo is working on setting aside rooms at the resort. See prior post. "3rd Annual LA Labor Day Donzi Event"

Scott Boldt

BigGrizzly
05-28-2001, 02:53 PM
WE will be there. Marc and his 22ZX is suppose to be there too.
Frank it is just a couple of hours south of Atlanta, Just come down stop at the house for the night then we can leave next day and bang we are there. From your place take I95 to I85 stop at Chateau A La Carabelli and join the caravan that leaves for Eufala.

Randy

Varyak
05-28-2001, 04:56 PM
I will be there with my family and the worlds second most expensive 2001 Classic 18 (which is up and running again).
Mark

Varyak
05-29-2001, 07:10 PM
Trouble in Paradise!
I called the Lakepoint Resort for reservations but they are already full for Labor Day Weekend. They have no group listing for the Donzi owners. Did I get bad info, slow response on my part, or are we screwed on this event?
Mark

'poodle,
After they replaced the high pressure fuel pump, and the distributor and wires, they finally settled in on a corroded connector for the system that prevents the engine from starting when a fault is detected somewhere. Clean connector...vroooom. Thankfully, I can spell Warranty!
The trip up to Cumberland we stopped to reservice the overserviced Jeep tranny (second time, same dealer,...bye, bye) then the boat trouble at the falls, then, on the way home and in Atlanta, the trailer got a nasty bubble in the left tire sidewall (No Randy, not THAT bubble or tire) which we changed in the parking lot at a Home Depot. Minutes after mounting the defective tire onto the spare tire mount, it blew! Dealer has ordered a new one...no charge. Despite all that, I'm ready for the next event!
Mark

Forrest
05-29-2001, 08:43 PM
NO! Tell me it's not so. We need to see if Emmette knows anything. That place has never been full on Labor Day weekend in the past. About the only people there over the past two Labor Day weekends were us and few bass fishermen.

------------------
Forrest

Emmo
05-29-2001, 09:56 PM
Well, I screwed the pooch on this one. I have never had any problem getting the Lakepoint Resort for our Roundups, but some new groups have had the thing reserved and don't have to give back the rooms that have not been claimed until late in July. Lasy year, only half the rooms were used. That is my story and I am sticking with it. Anybody got any ideas on where we can go?

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

[This message has been edited by Emmo (edited 05-29-2001).]

boldts
05-29-2001, 11:02 PM
When I was looking at where this gathering was happening, there appeared to be a couple other lodges on the lake.
http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/op/rec/wfg/boat.htm

Do you know if all of these are full on Labor Day? Might not be as nice, but as long as I have a place to lay the head down at night, a shower, a launch ramp and gas for the Donzi, I'm a happy boater. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Scott Boldt

Forrest
05-30-2001, 01:41 PM
Though usually booked, we may want to look into George T. Bagby State Park (http://navigation.helper.realnames.com/framer/1/0/default.asp?realname=Georgia+State+Parks&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egastateparks%2Eorg&frameid=1&providerid=0&uid=17470995) on the Georgia side near Fort Gains. Bagby is at the widest part of Lake Eufaulla near the dam. Actually may even be a better place than Lakepoint.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-30-2001).]

Forrest
05-30-2001, 02:05 PM
I just talked to the folks at the Georgia State Park Reservation system at (800)864-7275, and she informed me that there are 14 rooms plus a suite available at Bagby this time for Labor Day weekend. She went on to say that if one were to reverve 5 or more rooms at once you need to talk to Debbie who is the conference coordinator at George T. Bagby State Park. That number is (229) 768-2571. My daytime number is 850-410-4696.

------------------
Forrest

Forrest
05-30-2001, 03:33 PM
I just talked to Emmo and BigGrizzly. They both decided that George T. Bagby State Park would be good place for the Donzi event. For that reason, I gave Debbie a call at Bagby, but she was not and won't be back until tomorrow.

In the morning, I will call her back to see about reserving all 14 rooms and let whoever wants to go, call in and claim a room with a credit card from this block.

------------------
Forrest

Varyak
05-30-2001, 10:06 PM
I'll call tomorrow to reserve a room
Mark

Forrest
05-31-2001, 11:30 AM
It's a done deal!

George T. Bagby State Park is the offical site for the Third Annual Lake Eufaula Donzi Get Together.

Variak has already reserved his room at Bagby and I reserved the remaining 12 rooms for this event.

Here's how it works. Call Bagby State Park at (229) 768-2571, and tell them that you want one (or more) rooms reserved for the Donzi Boat Event over the Labor Day Weekend. Give the them your credit card number and get the room put into your name. I booked for the rooms for arrival on Friday, August 31, 2001, and departure on September 3, 2001. The rate is $65.00/night with the arrival time being after 4:00PM. If you need to cancel, there is no charge up to 30 days out which would put the cut-off date at August 1, 2001. If you want to arrive prior to or after Friday August 31, just let them know, I'm sure that they can accomodate. Also, let them know if you plan to leave prior to or after September 3, when you book.

Also, I will cancel any rooms not booked by July 31; however, I would recommend that you book your room ASAP since it is now first-come-first-serve between the folks on this board, and last year there was 14 room booked at Lakepoint for us. If figure that these 12 rooms should go fast.

---

Make that 11 rooms left, Emmo just booked his . . .

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-31-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-31-2001).]

Tom on Lanier
06-12-2001, 05:55 AM
I'm in at Bagby and so is Joe P.- Forrest, if you want to do the island hangout number, Big G. and I can both bring EZup awnings for shade. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

Forrest
06-12-2001, 02:17 PM
That would be a great idea since Bagby is near the island. It going to be great time (again)!

------------------
Forrest