PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic Weight

TBrannigan
05-25-2001, 06:34 AM
Guys,

I need to get a new trailer for my 22 classic. Does anyone know the weight of my boat off hand? Also, does anyone have a single axle trailer that can carry the load? (just easier to maneuver and less expensive) My original Myco is getting a bit ugly! I'd rather have a roller set up.

Thanks

Terry

RickR
05-25-2001, 02:13 PM
3300dry
Add fuel, gear and (Aluminum)trailer you'll be around 4500#.
Tandem is a must for that weight.
I don't know why anyone would want a roller trailer. Too difficult to load (boat rolls off) and the rollers can cause dimples in the hull.

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

EricG
05-27-2001, 09:54 AM
I had an old roller trailer under my Z21 which is comperable in weight and length to the 22 Classic. I recently purchased a Bunk Trailer and it is just as easy, if not easier to launch and retrieve than the roller. Plus you can tell it is indeed supporting the hull better. Good luck!!

EG

woodsy32
06-04-2001, 12:44 PM
Terry,

I just took delivery of a new trailer for my '97 22 Classic. I bought it from Performance Trailer in Lake George NY. The trailer is AWESOME!! The workmanship is nicer than an Eagle. The total cost was $3100 and that includes the Ultra wheels, inline brake actuator, and spare. If you are not doing salt, this is the way to go. It fits the boat perfectly and rides really nice. Definitely a cut above as far as trailers go. Ping me if you have any questions.

Dave