PDA

View Full Version : Info on Michigan Get Together

Ranman
05-23-2001, 09:21 AM
Hello everybody,

It has been a while since my last post so I would like to update everyone on the get together.

The meeting place for the Michigan get together will be the North Marina at Metro Beach Metropark. For information on the launch Ramp and Marina areas visit http://www.metroparks.com/parksA.html. I plan on arriving at the North Marina at 9:00am. There are many transient slips and several, if not all have floating docks. I talked with the Harbormaster two days ago and was told that these slips are first come first serve and will fill up quick if the weather is nice. The slips cost $7 from 10am-4pm and another $7 from 4pm-10pm. If for some reason all the slips are full when you arrive in the morning, it is common for folks to anchor in the North Marina "bay" and on the other side of the island next to the North Marina (see http://www.metroparks.com/parksA.html). There are boat launch ramps quite close to the North Marina also. If anyone else needs help finding things, feel free to contact me.

Our tentative schedule of events (or the lack thereof) is as follows: (I'm also still open to modiying this.

9:00am - 12:00pm
- Meet at North Marina within Metro Beach Metropark

12:00pm
- Depart from Metro and head to Gull Island (about a 15-20 min ride.
- Relax and chat. Swap rides etc...
3:00pm
- Head up the North Channel and then back down the St. Clair River or the Middel Channel or whatever and out to Strawberry Island. (1-2 hour cruise time total).

5:00pm
- Depart from Strawberry Island and head back to Metro Beach.

Lunch and beverages will be Bring Your Own. Depending on who's left at the end of the day, we may make a run for Dinner at 6:00 or 7:00. The water levels are just fine for our boats (a bit low for the bigger guys), but remember that St. Clair is a shallow lake. If you wuold like to see charts of ST. Clair, visit www.lakekstclair.net (http://www.lakekstclair.net)

For those coming in from out of town, Metro Beach is in Harrison Township, MI. It seems that there are several hotels/motels Just off of I-94 near 13 mile and Little Mack in Roseville. There's a Holiday Inn Express, Red Roof Inn and Econo Lodge. If anyone else can help with nearby accomodations, plaese post.

I'm not sure exactly how many people are coming, but I expect to see in the neighborhood of 10 - 15 boats.

Lastly, If anyone has any questions or needs guidance, feel free to mail me. Don't forget to visit the Metro Beach web page. Hope to see you there!!!

Here's the link one more time.
http://www.metroparks.com/parksA.html

boldts
05-23-2001, 06:27 PM
Just for everyone's information.

The Metro Beach park opens at 06:00am and since were meeting after the Memorial Day Weekend, things should be in full swing.

There is a vehicle and boat registration fee that will cost a total of $7.00 per day.

As stated before, a slip for your boat will cost $7.00 but will not be available until 10:00am. If you want the dock after 4:00pm, it will cost an additional $7.00.

Randy,
Something that I learned at the Kentucky gathering, the Marine Patrol and Park Officials would like to know about the Donzi gathering no matter how many show up. Might be a possibility also that the Marina will hold so many slips together for us if they know we are coming. If they are willing to do that, I would like a dock to put the boat at. Probably a little easier on a 18' Classic VS climbing a sea wall. I am planning to be there when the park opens so that just in case by 10:00am things are packed, I'll be in line for a dock. If all interest parties who want a dock let me know before next Friday, I'll be happy to pay for your docks so that we can all be together. You can get with me when you arrive if after 10:00am. Just a thought...

Scott Boldt

Tony
05-30-2001, 06:32 PM
The weather looks good, with sunny skies and 70 degrees. Nice job with the agenda, Randy, it looks like a fun time on Lake St. Clair. I plan on arriving around 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning...see you all then!