PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk

CDMA
05-22-2001, 02:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1147871513

Oh what a boat...I would love to get one of those hulls with the built in rocker for my Arneson...oh well too much $$$ where is my grinder....make my own rocker...

Chris

BigGrizzly
05-22-2001, 04:03 PM
That hull doesn't have a rocker its a Classic with a blackhawk drive on it.

Randy

CDMA
05-22-2001, 04:07 PM
Well fair point and you could be right but you also could be wrong. If that was a factory equiped blackhawk regardless of wether or not it has the gaudy paint scheme it would have the rocker in it. It was possible to option a 22 with a blackhawk minus the rest of the blackhawk package and when this was done the hull did have the rocker that the blackhawk edition had.

Chris

Donzitester
05-22-2001, 09:26 PM
Some did and some did not.
Only way to tell is with the hull number.

RickR
05-22-2001, 09:40 PM
Donzi tester
Or look at the hull http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

Does the serial # tell which mold was used or do you have to have to reference it?

Did all the rocker hulls have K-Planes?

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 05-22-2001).]

Dr. Dan
05-22-2001, 10:33 PM
Wow, Nice boat,hey guys explain to me how those props work,whats the concept? And also, what is the attachment to the top of the drive, next to the ski ring?...Thanks in advance ...Danny

Tony
05-23-2001, 11:25 AM
Scott Boldt...didn't you say you were looking for a 22, and that you are a blue and white kind of guy?

roadtrip2
05-23-2001, 01:59 PM
I have researched the Blackhawk Limited Edition quite a bit over the past few months. Found seven for sale. Some nicer than others. If anyone really wants one of these, contact me and I will pass the info along to you. I have decided to go another direction for now. Todd

RickSE
05-23-2001, 02:03 PM
Dr. Dan,
The props are counter-rotating, rotate in opposite directions. The counter-rotating props are more efficient than a single prop.

I believe the attachment at the top of the drive (red cable) is the mechanical trim indicator for the drive.

boldts
05-23-2001, 07:01 PM
Tony,
You got it right. Beautiful Classic and yes I would love to buy it, but it's a little rich for my pocket.

Scott

Dr. Dan
05-23-2001, 10:47 PM
RickS, Thanks for the lesson,very interesting, sounds complicated...

AVickers
05-24-2001, 07:12 PM
Actually, dual prop rigs are not more effecient...

A "typical" dual prop setup (Volvo Duoprop or Bravo III) does give a better hole shot, better bite, and it does provide stability at speed in that there's less torque steer. But top end, side-by-side with a "standard" drive is lower on the dual rig.

HOWEVER, you'll notice with this drive that the "leg" is very short... That's because the Blackhawk was a surface piercing design. At speed, the prop rides partly out of the water. THAT's more effecient -- less stuff in the water = less drag. Also, the props on that puppy are well over 30 pitch. Not sure what the ratio on these units is, but when it's up to speed and trimmed up, she'll throw a 200' rooster!

Way, way cool. Wish she were mine!

BacDoc
05-25-2001, 11:58 PM
Nice 22'Classic. Anyone know what this boat should sell for?
Thanks
Dan