PDA

View Full Version : Transom is Cut, - moving along.

AGUESS
08-18-2001, 07:10 PM
Just a note to say thank you to everyone for all of their help and advice regarding my transom cutting, angle, etc. questions.

I cut the transom today for the Volvo SX drive. X Dimension set at 14 1/4. Donzi told me they set it at 14 1/2 for the SX drive and Stromer set his at 14 5/8. I was concerned about hatch clearance so I went a little lower. Hope this does not hurt performance much.

Used a paper transom template from Merc. Everything matched up. Could not get one from Volvo. Volvo tech supprt was great and also faxed me info.

So, maybe in the next few weeks I can set the engine and start hooking everything up.

Just got my seats back, candy stripe red/white. They are beautiful. Had a local lady do them. Cost $319.00 for labor and a little over $200.00 for all materials (I ordered over net). She had my old seats for the pattern and I reused the original fiberglass buckets, as they were in great shape. The last time my seats were done, built-rite did them, but this time I went local.

Thanks again.

Alex. :D

marcdups
08-19-2001, 12:28 PM
Alex, sorry but got tied up yesterday but will give you a buzz soon so we can get together and I can check out your boat, looking forward to it.

Marc

RickR
08-19-2001, 12:40 PM
Way to Go :D
Good luck with the rest of your restoration!