PDA

View Full Version : Florida Help

boldts
05-21-2001, 09:20 PM
Does anyone in the Daytona area know this 22 Classic?

Scott Boldt

[This message has been edited by boldts (edited 05-22-2001).]

Dr. Dan
05-21-2001, 10:51 PM
Scott, that's a good price on that boat if it's in good shape, Good Luck...Doc

boldts
05-21-2001, 11:34 PM
Doc,
That was my thought. Ever since the Kentucky Awakening, can't get the 22 Classic off the mind. Best thing is, Beth likes the boat too.

Scott

wbateman
05-21-2001, 11:51 PM
Oh Oh Scott,
You get that boat and we have to call you Tomahawk II !!!

boldts
05-22-2001, 01:53 PM
That can't be a bad thing can it? Tom's 22 Classic really is a fine looking Donzi. The view I got most of the time at AOTH was the TOMAHAWK name on the back. In cruising the boats for sale adds, their seems to be more red and white models for sale. I am really a blue and white type of guy, but I could adjust if need be.

Scott Boldt

boldts
05-22-2001, 02:39 PM
Well, I get home today and it looks like the 22 Classic has been sold. No more picture or listing. Michigan seems to have a few 22 Classics. Who knows, SE Mich may turn into a Classic search along with the gathering. Thanks for the help and encouragement.

Scott Boldt

Dalelama
05-23-2001, 07:52 AM
Scott,

I'll be returning to Miami this weekend from a two month job here in MD.

I've gotta stop at Daytona to pick up my NASCAR tix, and could drop by to look at a boat for you... I've had a 16, 18 and now have a Minx... I know what to be looking for.

Lemme know.........

------------------
Dale Evans
Miami, FL
'87 Minx / 320 EFI

boldts
05-23-2001, 02:06 PM
Dale,
Thank-you very much, but it looks like the 22 Classic I was interested in has either been sold or taken off the market. There is no listing in BoatTrader anymore. If you happen to see a white with blue stripe 22 Classic for sale in your area, I'd sure like to know about it. A Criterion would be very desirable also. Randy's at the Cumberland gathering was sooo cool.

Scott Boldt

stephen
05-29-2001, 07:20 PM
Scott,

I work for a Donzi dealer in J-ville, Fl. I think I may have a line on a '97 or '98 blue and white 22 classic. I will research if you're interested.
Originally posted by boldts:
Dale,
Thank-you very much, but it looks like the 22 Classic I was interested in has either been sold or taken off the market. There is no listing in BoatTrader anymore. If you happen to see a white with blue stripe 22 Classic for sale in your area, I'd sure like to know about it. A Criterion would be very desirable also. Randy's at the Cumberland gathering was sooo cool.

Scott Boldt

Frank Civitano
05-29-2001, 08:18 PM
Oh O. Scott has the bigger boat bug! The 22 is a beutiful boat and if I didn't have the kids and I needed a Porta Potti that no one uses, That was the boat I was buying a 22 Yellow and white with a 502. I wish you guys the best luck in finding one.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Dr. Dan
05-29-2001, 09:59 PM
Scott, I was browsing on the www.nwoffshore.com (http://www.nwoffshore.com) site and found a 1999 22 Classic sounds nice, check it out, 360-475-0067 $37,000. Probably more salty then what you were looking for, but it is pretty new...I'll keep my eyes open, also check in on www.jacksonmarinesales.com (http://www.jacksonmarinesales.com) , they have a very extensive collection of nice used boats...Doc also look at northatlanticmarine.com , out of Stevensville,Md met them at the Bay Bridge Boat show and they seemed very personable.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Dan (edited 05-30-2001).]

boldts
05-29-2001, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys. Really appreciate your help in the bigger Donzi adventure. I'm afraid in order to buy the boat and still be able to enjoy it, I need to find one in the 15 to 20,000 range. Most of the 90's Classics are going for that and more from what I've seen. I even saw a 22ZX for less than a 22 Classic with only a year difference in age. I know, you all are thinking "You have to pay to play" I agree with you 100%, but that doesn't mean you can't find that once in a life time Donzi that maybe needs some TLC and fits the type of upgrade your after. While speed is a high priority, high sides and length are my objectives right now. I have a 4 year old who will grow up, but now I need something a little smoother and stable for her. I'm currently working on a deal for a Criterion. 22' long, gentleman's speedster. I love the seating configuration of the boat and who knows, I may even be able to keep the 18 Classic for trips to Lake George. Imagine that, another more than one Donzi owner. You all are the greatest!

Scott Boldt