PDA

View Full Version : Awakening of the Horses II

boldts
08-17-2001, 06:21 PM
Please see the Events & Gatherings area by clicking on The Donzi Registry in blue above then clicking on Events & Gatherings.

Harbormaster, can this post stay in the performance area until more folks are familiar with where the Events section is? If not, it's cool.

boldts
08-18-2001, 03:07 PM
Just keeping the post in view. Harbormaster, please delete this post since I can no longer do that has it's creater.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-18-2001, 03:46 PM
Wow, I will have to spell check before the post if we can't edit either!

Scott I posted on the other thread....
Bryan

boldts
08-18-2001, 04:45 PM
Bryan,

You are OK, you can still edit your posts. My comment was towards deleting a post which the creater of the post no longer can do. Since Harbormaster wants to keep event topics off the performance area, I was hoping I could put a post in the Awakening topic to try and keep it on the first page and then delete the post that was used to move it to the first page. Many of the newer members of the board and even some of the older members may not know where or how do get to the Events listings page. Harbormaster, you should probably just delete this whole post since it has gotten bigger than was intended in the first place. The only goal of the post was to direct folks to the Events & Gatherings page. :(

Formula Jr
08-18-2001, 05:31 PM
Why sweat it Scott? We can always just use this thread to post funny pics. :)
http://www.epud.net/~owen/cg.jpg

boldts
08-18-2001, 06:46 PM
Formula Jr.,

Great idea. A picture from Cumberland every couple days might be in order. I'd be a proffesional at posting pictures by next May. Now, how is that done again? Just kidding!

harbormaster
08-19-2001, 07:09 PM
I go away for a few days and everything gets out of control....

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-19-2001, 07:25 PM
I have a Cumberland pic or two to post, like being towed the last night, busted drive no less, by a Bayliner until my buds Stingray took over! How humbling!!!!
Bryan

RedDog
08-19-2001, 07:41 PM
Bryan - you have it all wrong. Just reason now - your memory is clouded - that NEVER HAPPENED! AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE. Trust me, you will get over these delusions.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-20-2001, 01:43 PM
RedDog, your right... my mind is clearing now.....

But I will say, my buddy threatening to parade my Donzi past the keg party was almost more than I could handle... I had to keep reminding myself of the 2 times we towed him in...
Thanks for the chuckle.... see ya next may!
Bryan

Formula Jr
08-20-2001, 02:48 PM
Remember guys, The Longest Tow Contest is for TRAILERING your boat.

Owen Faffell :D

ToonaFish
08-20-2001, 05:34 PM
So, let me see if I've got this right... all I have to do is show up at AOTH II with a Donzi hull and you guys will tow me around the lake? Hey, this "buy a Donzi" thing is going to be alot less expensive than I thought, especially if I don't need an engine!
Bunches,
Celene 'too few horses under the hood'

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-20-2001, 05:52 PM
I owe a couple tows and could help ya out! This thread is too funny!

OWEN, you gonna make it next year?

Bryan

Formula Jr
08-20-2001, 06:02 PM
Absolutely, which pisses me off to no end, cause it means I'll have to dump a ton of money into the second restoration this winter!!!! :D

I use to write spec for computer publications in the previous century, so next year, I'll pay attention and transom a write-up to the mags. Stan Veit (Computer Shopper) once called me a "Babbling Idiot" on one submission.........high praise from Stan!

Formula Jr
08-20-2001, 07:08 PM
Thats the beauty of it, see. As a dispassioned reporter, I can't be part of the story - but get to tax write-off everything........ ;)

I like Toonafish's approach. We might get 200 entries next year!

EricG
08-21-2001, 11:33 AM
Well, let's see....I've got 2500 miles to get there, a small truck with a big boat, and an alpha with almost 600 hours on it - I'm going to throw my hat into the ring for the longest tow to get towed award!!

EG

Formula Jr
08-21-2001, 12:53 PM
You're closer to 2800. How small a truck? I 90 goes way way up, way way down, then 94 goes way way up and way way down. Let me know your route, I've been on all of them.

Owen

EricG
08-21-2001, 01:38 PM
I've got a 2000 Dakota, with the tow package, rated at 4,800# - which is almost exactly what I'm towing. If I had a manual I wouldn't worry at all, but the Dodge Automatic scares me a little pulling over the passes. I'm working very hard on acquiring an older Diesel pickup before the trek, but we'll see what happens there. I really want to try this trip....so I'm trying to get it all planned now.

As far as the route - I'm still working on it - any recommendations?

ahhh for want of a bigger truck........

EG

ToonaFish
08-21-2001, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the kind welcome! Been lurking a bit and have finally accepted the reality that one day, some way, by hook or by crook, I'm gonna have a Donzi. Powerless, you might say, especially for the moment!

Full responsibility for my deliemma goes to MapDoodle and that d*&^ed photo of the 454 jet boat's roostertail... stuck it on my desktop many weeks ago... every time I tried to make a phone call on a "sensible" PWC, the pic would jump out at me and whisper, "it's not a Donzi, heck, it's not even a boat". So, I've given up. I'll be working three jobs, studiously absorbing ya'll's wise speakins, and spending years looking at dry rotted project boats... that picture should be a controlled substance!

In the meantime, AOTH II...
1) What size hull will fit in an eight horse gooseneck trailer, kitty corner on its side if need be?
2) Surely my little S10 with a 4.3 can bumper pull said trailer?
3) How many layers of gel coat are necessary to cement a non-sturdy tow eye?
4) Does hay bale rope float?
5) Do the bezels on the truck have to match the bezels on the Donzi?
6) Anybody looking to place a used hull in a loving home?

Bunches,
Celene

boldts
08-24-2001, 06:57 PM
Hey, Anyone know how this guy got invited to the Awakening?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/SBoldt07.jpg

He's part of the big FAMILY! :D

boldts
09-01-2001, 02:53 PM
I knew I would find the falls sooner or later. What do you mean you all are leaving?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/SBoldt24.jpg

I'll have a GPS next year that's for sure! :)

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-01-2001, 08:04 PM
The Bayliner on the far right was my tow buddy...

I do have a AOTH question Scott B... will there be an Electric Proline sign as a top Donzi prize again?

My neighbor owns a Proline, he might cut my grass during the AOTH if I bring him one back!.... :)
Bryan

boldts
09-01-2001, 09:10 PM
Bryan,

Not sure if any signs will show up to be given away next year. Would you accept a Donzi model in place to wash and wax your boat for a day? I would hope you would be a nice guy and give her a ride for the hard work being done. Many ideas are being looked into for next year. Mike was a wonderful company represenative and helped the Midwest Donzi club in many ways putting AOTH I on. In fact, the Saturday night barbecue was arranged by Mike and I'm sure everyone in attendance really appreciated the good down home cooking over the grill. There was no need for him to present any gift to me.

I truely enjoyed my first Donzi gathering and the hard work was not only done by me. David Hicks really helped me by pulling the advertising, information, and not to mention, a sponsor for our event. David also arranged the radio station that was at the marina on Saturday morning. Tom Riggle also was responsible for getting the magazine coverage of the event. Tom also worked with George Desmond and is continuing to work on a video of the gathering.

Soooo, while Beth and I got much of the credit for AOTH, with out all of you traveling to Kentucky and enjoying the event with us, AOTH would not have happened. Thank-you for all of your support and hopefully, we can do it a little better next year. I can't wait until we all gather again on Lake Cumberland. :cool:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-02-2001, 04:50 AM
Scott, maybe Donzi should just give you a job working with Mike and a NEW SP Edition Classic...

That is my vote!
AOTH II (the Donzi event of 2001!!!)
Bryan

boldts
09-02-2001, 10:14 AM
That would be a lot of Donzi owners dream job. I know I would wake up in the morning and be glad to be going to work. It would also allow me the oportunity to see many friends from this board and get an annual gathering started in your part of the country. While this would be a great job, you all don't need me or anyone else to start a gathering in your area. Many of you are already starting clubs and gatherings in your area. Some have been going on long before I ever got the idea to hold one in Kentucky with the help of some Cincinnati friends. Mike, Do you have a Special Edition 22' Classic? You deserve one! Not sure what an assistants job pay would be, but I think it would surely crack the door open to purchase that beautiful new Classic. :D

GEOO
09-02-2001, 04:29 PM
Scott,
You planted the seed, and followed it through!!!! I had a blast. Can't wait till # II. I trust your having a good weekend. GEOO

Formula Jr
09-03-2001, 05:34 AM
Was talking to a fella yesterday named Tony, that said this year in ND, 650,000 Harley owners showed up..................IT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!