PDA

View Full Version : Started Motor Today!!!!!

Scott Pearson
05-19-2001, 03:28 PM
Just and update. I started the motor today in my boat. I cant believe it...everything works. Im still grining from ear to ear.

Checked everything out first then primed the thing for about 10 min. Then cranked her over...didnt fire right away because it had to fill the fuel line and filter. Then started right up. Scared the S**T out of my buddy Mike because he was walking behind her when she went. Brought it upto about 2,000 RPM...Turned water on and let it run for 25 Min. Changed RPM between 1500-2000.

Not a leak of oil or water in sight. Temp. never got above 150. After the brake in , I shut water off and then motor. Waited a few min. hit the key and it fired right off.

I still cant get over how good it runs, The boat doesn't vibrate a bit. Its like its not running.

Lake George here I come!!!!!!!

27 more days!!!

(NJ)Scott

RickR
05-19-2001, 04:16 PM
Way to GO!!!!

Sounds like it's time for the lake http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Don't forget the plug http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Dr. Dan
05-19-2001, 04:33 PM
That's great news! I know that it's always a nervous few minutes until it turns over, I'm really looking forward to seeing her live and in person...Doc

Forrest
05-19-2001, 08:15 PM
That's a GREAT feeling! I just had double the pleasure with the twin 383's in the Magnum.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 05-19-2001).]

Jamesbon
05-19-2001, 08:48 PM
Ah, glad to hear everything went well! The "first starting" is always an intense time.

BigGrizzly
05-19-2001, 10:22 PM
I had that same feeling about a about a month ago. it really is great after all the work you put into it. good luck!

Randy

Scott Pearson
05-20-2001, 08:00 AM
Thanks Guys! Cant wait to see everyone at Lake George.

I have a few more things left to do like attaching the drive, Putting the snaps on all the carpet, seats and cover. Battery box, Hatch latches and hinges along with the shocks. Glass the ski rack in....which Im not happy about getting up there and doing.

Little things...Ive got this thing beat! I hope it goes as good as it looks and runs.

I still need a survey done. Anyone know a good insurance company?

(NJ)Scott

GEOO
05-20-2001, 09:00 PM
Scott, Glad to hear all is well. It's always a little intense running the motor for the first time. Looking forward to seeing her run at Lake George. GEOO