PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone...I'm New to your board

Kelly
08-16-2001, 03:07 PM
Hi, my name is Kelly Erickson. I'm new to the board. Here's a picture of my familys donzi:

http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0LAAgVKoP7V4A!m7nDNEsl5O890TNRCmROXb00aVycSrs5JnV5 diNunwyT*ewZ0sdpQtwKZUULLg/kellysboat.jpg

I hope to get good info and learn alot here. Thank you!
:D

Kelly

JP BRESCIA
08-16-2001, 03:14 PM
Welcome Kelly. You will learn alot more from the other folks on this site, but I will be here for encouragement and spirit if you need it. I am a fairly new member myself and have learned much.

Sagbay32
08-16-2001, 04:11 PM
Welcome aboard Kelly,
I too am a new member. You will be able to learn mucho about your boat here.

By the way.......cool shot of the boat!

mattyboy
08-16-2001, 04:14 PM
welcome kelly,
this is a great place to exchange knowledge and some fun, hopefully you won't need to much help more fun, but if you do these guys really know their stuff, I'm a newer member also and they've helped me already a ton

Matt

Forrest
08-16-2001, 04:26 PM
Welcome aboard, Kelly. Nice lookin' Donzi you got there! Now don't be shy, you need to tell us a good story before you get into the, "How do I adjust my tail-pipe bearings for an extra ten mph . . ." questions! ;)

Tony
08-16-2001, 04:26 PM
Brand new and already posting pics...I'm impressed! WELCOME.

Kelly
08-16-2001, 04:31 PM
Thanks everyone....anyone know how I can get a new FLAT engine lid?

EricG
08-16-2001, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the Board - be careful though, once you get hooked you can't ever leave!!

I'm so excited - 2 new members from Seattle in 1 week, see Len - there really are Donzi's up here :D

So Kelly, first of all, tell us the details on the boat....I can't tell from the picture, what color is the stripe? Second, where do you boat around here?

I think there are almost enough of us to actually try for a gathering. I know Owen is coming up this weekend to hit the Islands, of course, I think I'm busy....Oh well.

Anyway, Welcome!!

EG

marcdups
08-16-2001, 05:55 PM
welcome, I have found a wealth of info here and everyone is great, nice shot of your boat, take it easy in wet city.

Marc

north of the equator, still humid !!!

Blewbyu
08-16-2001, 06:12 PM
Welcome Kelly!We're really happy to usher another Northwest Donzi owner.Don't pay any attention to Forrest......come over to Bellevue and I'll show you how to adjust those muffler bearings to get 15 xtra MPH!
Good lookin boat :eek: Where do you moor it?Are you on Lk Washington? I have seen an all white 18 on the West side of Mercer Island.Is that yours?
Regards-Jeff Moore

AGUESS
08-16-2001, 08:15 PM
Hi Kelly,

Glad to see someone else with a classic 18 with a 351 and right hand steering. Can you tell me a little about its performance. What type of top speed do you get and how much do the trim tabs help out.

I am just completing the restoration of my 1966 Classic 18. While your donzi does not look like it needs any work, this is the site to learn from the masters. They have helped me every step of the way.

Welcome to a great group of Donzi owners.

Alex.

Dr. Dan
08-17-2001, 05:48 AM
Kelly, Welcome to the "Playground",my friend has the same hatch layout,looks great,safe boating...Doc :cool:

oldLenny
08-17-2001, 08:32 PM
If you want an engine cover, flat one, I can "whip" one up for you ( have all moulds)and YOU can have it sanded/primed and painted and add your own hardware. Let me know. I am close...

Welcome to the board!!! :)

RickR
08-17-2001, 09:08 PM
Kelly
Welcome to the Board!
Measure for the hatch first. I doubt it will fit because of interference with the spark arrestor.

riverrat
08-17-2001, 10:07 PM
welcome! you will love this sight. there are alot of good Donzi people on here that will keep you amused.

p.s. if you have a spare dollar or two Mr. Scot our Harbor Master can always use the support to keep the sight up & running. It's a labor of love for him but he can use the help.

good luck with your ride & register it if you have not already. Thanks, the riverrat.. :D :D

GEOO
08-18-2001, 07:31 AM
Kelly,
I like the Engine hatch. It's give you more room for performance stuff. Looks Hot!!!Good Luck with her. GEOO

BigGrizzly
08-18-2001, 08:38 PM
Welcom Kelly Thats a nice engine and drive combo. That engine worka well with a Donzi lots of torque.

Randy

Kelly
08-19-2001, 02:48 PM
Thanks Guys...

The boat is my familys, and since I'm 17 and a guy, I'm not allowed to use it much on my own. But since I'm the one who knows how to turn on a computer, and I know most about the boat, I'm here :D.

About the boat...We got it in '93 with under 10 hours on it from a guy who bought it, and scared the hell out of him self, and sold it for much cheaper then he paid :D
She's white with a teal stripe...****ty aluminum windshield (we want a stainless one). We put the trim tabs on couple years back...thats about all we've done to it.

The boat has about 150-200 hours on it I'm guessing, and most are from Lake Chelan. We just bought a cabin on Marrow Stone Island by PT. Townsend, and now it lives in the salt water (on a trailer in the yard...don't worry).

In the fresh water, on the speedo, shows roughly 65, and in the salt w/ 1 person and empty tank, you can dance around 70 wide open with the trim up.

Trim tabs up'd the top end about 2-3mph (supprisingly) and made the boat feel MUCH safer.

I'll ask my dad about a meet n greet. Maybe we can have all the Donzi's come up to my cabin and bother the hell out of the neighbors :D.

Kelly

RedDog
08-19-2001, 07:49 PM
Kelly - you got it great! I wanted Donzi from the time I was around 11 or 12(about your age when your family got yours???) but it had to wait until the old age of 44. All I can say is it was worth the wait but then there is all that lost time.

Enjoy big time and be safe so you can keep on enjoying!

PS - that is a pretty ride!

green16
08-19-2001, 10:09 PM
Welcome Kelly. Good advice from RedDog. You've got a great ride there. Keep it cool between the ears and don't give your family any reason to sell it and maybe someday....
Hope your summer is going great. green16

Kelly
08-20-2001, 01:11 PM
Thanks for all the comments!

Forrest
08-20-2001, 04:14 PM
Kelly, I think that I was 17 when my folks bought the "family" boat which happened to be a 16 Donzi new in 1972. By the time I was 20, they had enough family boating with the Donzi, not to mention the associated repair bills, that they were ready to get rid of it. Dad liked to fish and mom didn't like air time. I guess thatit was safe to say that the 16 Donzi didn't fit their lifestyle anymore, and thank the Lord that my Dad didn't install rod holders in it (sorry madpoodle). When I heard the news of the pending sale, I jumped up and down in protest and even offered to buy it from them, though at the time I think that all the money I had was about $150. With that (just to shut the kid up), they just gave the 16 Donzi to me and said that they didn't want to hear about how I need money for this or that on the Donzi. NO problem - and everthing else is now history. I still have the same 16 Donzi and even use it at Donzi events. You never know, they might just give you that Donzi!

Here is a picture of the 16 from the recent Sanford, Florida, event. I think that the shirt that I'm wearing is almost as old as my Donzi! :eek:

http://www.donzimarine.com/channel_z/images/mtdora_04.jpg

BTW, I really like the the Pueget Sound area and always thought how cool it woud be to run a Donzi around up there.

Kelly
08-22-2001, 03:08 AM
Sweet colour 16!

Kelly
06-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Though I'd give everyone on here an update. My dad passed away in March of 2003, and the boat has been sitting ever since. I have an option to buy it, and I need to know about what its worth.

Its sitting under cover close to PT Townsend at our cabin, it was winterized, but I'd like to get it running. Any advice to what I should do? If anyone is close to there, or willing to go with me to help me get the thing running, that'd be awesome, as I don't know much about boats.

My cell number is 206-947-1554, its always on, I could really use the help, as I don't want the estate to sell the boat to anyone but me.

Thanks everyone.

Kelly Erickson

PS- I'm 20 now, damn this post is old :biggrin:

Lenny
06-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Eric G is close to you, as is Jeff Moore, and David (MXRoadster). I am about 70 miles North of you but don't have a problem helping you if needed. BUT, I am NOT a motor guy and all I would be doing is giving you moral support as we conference called a few others scattered all over the USA.

Let me know tho... :D

EricG
06-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Kelly, welcome back!! I'm sorry to hear about what led up to the situation you are in now. Anyway, I don't think you have a choice about buying the boat.....you must!! Given the emotional attachment, plus all of the other benefits of owning a classic, there is no way around it :biggrin:.

After this past weekends gathering at Lake Chelan (pictures coming soon), I can't stress enough how AWESOME this little Donzi community of ours is.

Now, as far as getting the boat running. My travel schedule is pretty busy for the next few months, but I might be able to work in a little time to help. Were you planning to get the boat over here to the Seattle area (as opposed to Pt. Townsend)? Or are you planning on working on it over there?If you had it here, I'd be happy to run down on a few evenings and see what kind of damage I could help you cause. I'm not much of a motor head, but I can somehow always seem to keep my own boats running....

Good luck....Keep us all posted.

-EG

Kelly
06-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Eric, I live in Edmonds now too, so give me a ring. I'm going to try to get the boat on this side, and just have to figure out what its worth, and where I'm going to come up with that money....Anyhow, I could use any help I can get, as I said, I don't want to lose this boat.

Kelly Erickson

:flag-mari