PDA

View Full Version : K & N Marine Filters

boxy
05-18-2001, 03:39 PM
Where can I find a list of applicable filters from K&N, their web-site is no help. I want a filter for a 1990 4.3 LX, the standard flame arrestor from K&N fits, but where do the hoses that are coming off of the valve covers go ?

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

BERTRAM BOY
05-18-2001, 05:44 PM
Hey Boxy,
I just happen to have the toll free number for K&N handy. It's 1-800-858-3333. If you call them, they will give you a list of dealers in your area.
BERTRAM BOY

Peter Beck
05-18-2001, 07:30 PM
Boxy I was reading the Hot Boat Magazine last night and an article about those filters stated as much as 11 HP gain. Anyone ever put one on and notice any performance difference?

boldts
05-18-2001, 07:41 PM
Peter,
Talk to Byran Scholle from Cincinnati. byronscholle@aol.com He has dynoed engines with and with-out the K&N filter and can give you details as to test results. I'm running one on my engine, but I am not pumping anywhere near the HP that most of you all are. I just wanted a filter that looked good and was USCG approved.

Scott Boldt

Peter Beck
05-18-2001, 07:52 PM
Thanks Scott I will do that. By the way the next time we get together you and beth are welcome to drive my 22.

boxy
05-22-2001, 10:43 AM
Thanks Guys,
Bertram Boy, I called K&N this morning, and in about 2 minutes I had the part number I needed to give my parts guy. (He runs a great speed shop, but very little marine stuff) They make a vaccuum hose adapter kit for the standard 9" flame arrestor.
Thanks again.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

boldts
05-22-2001, 01:39 PM
Peter,
Thank-you for the offer. Are you planning to go up to the SE Mich outing? The Awakening weekend went by so quickly. I've been told the 22 Classic rides like a Cadillac compared to the 18. I guess it probably works the same when comparing the 18 to a 16. What do you think, could we stretch the Awakening to a 5 day event next year?

Scott Boldt

Peter Beck
05-22-2001, 08:14 PM
Scott I was thinking of one more day would have been great. We had to leave early Sunday but next year I would like to stay a little longer so we are not rushed and it also gives us more time to meet everyone. I was looking at going to the Michigan gathering but this time of year is well planned.

boldts
05-23-2001, 06:19 AM
It could happen! The VA guys had it already in their plans. Do you think the marina could stand 5 days of 08:00am THUNDEROUS Awakenings? Maybe we'll push that back to 09:00am LOL Heck, might be tuff, but if we could get about 10 to 15 houseboats rented, we could make it the traveling Awakening. Different area of the lake every day! Wooo there... Keep it simple... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Scott Boldt

Murphy
05-23-2001, 02:58 PM
Back to the K&N Filter question. I have also been on the trail of one of these. I had the company send me a marine catalog in hopes it would help but now that I have it it is about as useless as tits on a boar. Lots of nice pictures, a couple of useless charts. So as recommended earlier, looks like the best route is to call KEN and have them presribe based on your engine specs.

Murph

BERTRAM BOY
05-23-2001, 04:50 PM
Murph,
If you call them, they will Fax you a parts list, with descriptions and sizes.
BERTRAM BOY