PDA

View Full Version : Donzi's at the Regatta

DarleneQ
10-14-2002, 06:14 AM
While anchoring in Biscayne Bay, getting ready for the Columbus Day Regatta, I saw a beautiful Donzi go by. It was bright yellow and I mentioned to the others on the boat that I had just been to the Rally in Sarasota...

I turned around and here was another one.... I was running for my camera... looked up and another one came slowly by.

After about an hour I had seen a half dozen from 18's to fishermen. Of course I was not on Baby Donzi this weekend, but it was nice to see all the Donzi's running around. I did grab the Nextel and let Mike know Baby could have had plenty of other Donzi's to play with. Maybe next time Mike :)

Anyone else make it to the Regatta? I know I only saw a half dozen, but in the midst of 2000+ boats in one part of the bay, there were many more than what I could see!

Rodger
10-14-2002, 09:51 PM
No,I didn't quite make it to the Regatta... but at the same time you were writing this post, I was scraping frost off the windshield of my car. Just another lovely, Chicago Area, 29 degree October morning.

DarleneQ
10-15-2002, 09:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the frost... That's why I left Illinois and now enjoy the beaches of Florida :cool:

Not ready to put Baby away just yet! Spent way to many winters there. Boating season is much longer here..... I Love It!

Paul Storti
10-15-2002, 09:13 PM
I was out there in my 1999 22ZX look at my profile for a pic

DarleneQ
10-15-2002, 09:20 PM
Yep, you where one of them that I saw... I think I may have a pic of your boat.... I was trying to get one of all I saw...

Did you survive the Regatta without any marks? I was amazed at how many VERY LARGE boats came between us (The Toy Box) and the boat next to us eek!

Had a blast and not seen that many boats in one place at one time sitting still wink

SundanceKid
10-16-2002, 08:32 PM
Did anyone see a 35 Daytona with In Motion graphics and 250 EFIs? That guy keeps his boat at the marina and it's one sweet ride. Did anyone here about the people that got killed down there I think on Saturday night? I heard it was a 35, but didn't get any of the details? Really a stupid accident, the guy driving was drunk.

BabyDonzi
10-19-2002, 03:01 PM
Yes, maybe next time! Baby is going in for her routine physical this week so that she will be ready for the kids! And, yes, it is nice to have 365 beautiful boating days, now isn't it!

DarleneQ
10-21-2002, 06:11 AM
Hey Mike, glad to see you are checking out Donzi.net :)

I hope Baby's checkup goes well. The hot days of summer at Peanut Island are coming to a close, but the kids will love to see you and Baby pull up to our dock one more time.

Any word on the pictures taken from the helicopter? I would love to order one. I've seen a few on here that are spectacular!

BabyDonzi
10-25-2002, 10:15 PM
Recieved an e-mail from Mike today and now I have the #, no answer and no recording, will try again Monday. I must see these pics! You know as well as I that we were one of the most photographed boats that day! Can't imagine why?