PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO!!! NEW GAUGES!!!

Moody Blu'
08-15-2001, 02:22 PM
I just got off the phone with ed, from www.livorsi.com (http://www.livorsi.com) (gaffrig gauges) tell him broque sent you if you order gauges!

I ordered the white face gaffrigII basspack 7
gauges ,with a speedo 0-80mph a tach 0-8000 rpm, oil pressure,water temp, volts, fuel gauge, and hourmeter.
To top it off I bought sky blue bezels to match my boat!!!

SCOTT p eat your heart out!!!

I saw the orange bezels on your boat and had to get the bezels!!!
they will be here on friday! (2nd day air)
hopefully the weather will change by then and I can show them off on saturday (if weather lets me)

If the weather does clear out and I dont have enough time to wire up all the gauges(I better be able to since I am an audio engineer)
I am going to throw them in the boat anyhow and cruise up to the waters edge!! :p
woohoo!!!
I am sooo siked!!!
ill post pics when they are installed!!

flametamer
08-15-2001, 05:46 PM
Sky Blue Donzi,
Skuy Blue Donzi,
I received my Graffig bass pack 7. I got the teal bezels. Make sure that you have room between the gauges as the standard flat gauge bezel are 1/4" wider around each gauge. I had to order the flat slim line bezels due to the closeness of each gauge in my panel. Did you also get the sending units?

Jeff

Classic Razorback
08-15-2001, 05:55 PM
I just got some Auto-meter gauges from Rex Marine and there real cool also.
White face and a matching Trim Gauge :eek:
chris

Scott Pearson
08-15-2001, 07:01 PM
Ahhhh...but will they Match Perfect? I sanded,masked and sprayed mine the same color as the boat. They are all Basecoat/Clearcoat. Did the same to the motor,brackets,gimbel assy. and Mounts...etc, etc.

Good luck with the new gauges...They are nice.

(NJ)Scott

Rootsy
08-15-2001, 07:06 PM
Have to agree with you classic razorback... i have the autometers and i'm glad i bucked up for em...

Moody Blu'
08-15-2001, 07:46 PM
scott you bastard! ill have to see if they match perfectly, but if they dont ill get my freind who paints lamborginis to match them.
I dont know about matching the engine though, ill have a supercharger on there next year :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
you better be there on saturday with weather permitting!!!

Emmo
08-18-2001, 10:18 AM
Any of you deep pocket, new gauge guys want to sell a poor man an old Teleflex tachometer? :D

digitalassociats
08-18-2001, 01:43 PM
OK guy's, care to tell someone new to all of this what those new gages cost? Should you now spell your name broke? I would like to replace the gages in mine however, at this point I am still in the doghouse for buying the boat to begin with!

Brad

AGUESS
08-18-2001, 07:35 PM
Brad, call the Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft. Pierce, Fl. 1-561-465-6460.

Ronnie is who I have worked with.

They have all types of new gauges and are even Donzi Liquidators. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them to restore my 66 Classic 18.

Good Luck in keeping the costs down.

Alex.

Rootsy
08-18-2001, 08:09 PM
Autometer accu-comps.... (5) 2 1/16, (1) 3 3/8 tach and matching speedo... w/ temp and oil pressure senders.... bout 350.00... call it a momentary lapse of reason, but hey.. makes the dash look nice! PLUS i know accurate engine speed and fuel level now... hmmm anyone have a dash insert like the current 2000 - 2001's out of a new classic that says donzi classic series that they'd like to off?

Moody Blu'
08-19-2001, 07:05 PM
Hey brad, you may think I am broke becasue I spent $336 for 7 gauges through livorsi marine, but I beleive its an investment. I could have bought a set of teleflez gauges for about $225 but you get what you pay for.
besides the guy ed who wrote up the sale was a very pleasant guy and that sort of sold me. If you give me good service I will keep coming back.
besides I bet the gaffrigs will last a lot longer than teleflex gauge(which use to be in the boat) :P
And they LOOK awesome ill post some pics soon.

Brad Lyon
08-19-2001, 09:26 PM
I would have thought that the gages would have cost more than that. Sounds like a good investment to me. Do you know if the dash plates and switches reasonable as well?

Brad

Moody Blu'
08-20-2001, 07:25 PM
mad poodle, I'll check to see if a dealer is cheaper but, I REALLY hope they arent.
ill be sad.