PDA

View Full Version : Ride of my Life!

GeneD
08-14-2001, 11:20 PM
This past weekend, I had the honor of taking a ride on the lastest bad boy in Cleveland.
A Fountain Scism Catamaran aptly named ..."Bad to the Bone".
If I tell you we were doing 115 MPH would you believe me?
You better because that was what the Gaffrig GPS Speedo said!
What a ride. And let me confess that I was waiting for the hammer to drop and some sort of violent action of the water and hull to throw me out (similar to the feeling the first time I rode on the Mighty Mouse), but it never happened. The ride was smooth as silk, and incredibly stable.
115 MPH!!!!
Who can beat that?????
Also, I want to thank Dr. Santiago for setting me up for the ride, I will never forget it.
Other riders were Dr. Ochoa (Throttles for Zero Cavity), Carle Hansen (Crew Chief of Zero Cavity), Dr. Santiago, Gary, the owner of this fantastic vessel...
AND...Randy Scism himself.
What an experience.
Thanks APBA...you have SBI beat now!!!

Spitfire Dave
08-15-2001, 07:16 PM
Gene
Went for a ride back in June on a 40' Skater named F-40 and have you beat by 30 mph and small change. The F-40 boat had recently been repowered by our shop with 1300 hp Sterling's and was at a poker run in Grand Haven. The owner wanted a wrench along in case there was any teething pains. Of course I offered to ride along. The first leg of the run was to Holland and it did'nt take long for the throttles to hit the stops. The Hoist boat, Tomcat, Gotchya and our race boat Cat Can Do an F-40 were all out front leaving the pace boat far behind. I saw 145.4 mph on the gps sitting in the back seat. Thought I would be bald from the wind blast. Sticking your head into the exhaust of a jet engine is probably the best simulation. Mean while the driver and throttleman was barely getting there hair ruffled behind the canopy's
To end on a sad note. The F-40 boat just left paint shop for some touch up a couple of weeks ago and the truck driver rolled the rig three times on the highway. The boat is now at Skater to determine if to repair or cut up and put in the dumpster. From what I have heard it will probably be the latter.
Spitfire Dave

GeneD
08-15-2001, 07:53 PM
Well Dave, you have me beat big time!!!
What a thrill is it not?
145 MPH??????
Now...I don't think there is gonna be another person to beat that one. But hey, let's try when we get to Toronto!
See you there!
By the way, since the dollar exchange is really good, what would be the proper tip for the dancers?

gerry
08-15-2001, 08:26 PM
Mr.Gene Drago thank you again for all your help for the great weekend we all had. We got second place and happy with it. www.zerocavity.com (http://www.zerocavity.com)