PDA

View Full Version : Women's question

fasttrucker
10-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Hi. This is Paula, Fasttrucker's wife.
I would like to know what Donzi women do with their hair while boating. My hair is shoulder length and when we get off the boat it is so tangled I have a very hard time combing it out. I have tried hats, but they blow off. My hair is not quite long enough for a french braid. I tried it once, but it didn't last.
Can anyone suggest some kind of hat or wrap? Do other women have the same problem? The only thing I can do is go down in the cabin when we drive fast, but that's no fun.
I would appreciate any help (from both men and women). Thank you very much.
Paula

Scott Pearson
10-13-2002, 06:48 PM
Paula,
This is Scott's other half. The only thing that works for me is a french braid. You have to braid it when your hair is wet and use lots of gel. And then use hair spray to hold it in. Also use a tight rubber band on the bottom. Lasts me all day.

If you dont do it like this it will fall right out.

Hope this helps

(NJ)Cathy

Bad-Tat
10-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Paula,
Tomahawk and I gave the Donzi Girls a ride back from the beach Sunday and tangled hair was the main topic of conversation. They had no solution either.

RedDog
10-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Paula - I like the look of tangled hair - go for it wink

Donzigo
10-13-2002, 10:04 PM
Smila uses hats, french braids, and scrungees. It's always an issue.

I'm glad she puts up with my boating. Some guys aren't that lucky. The mate just says: "Have a nice day, boating honey" Not good.

Lil Grizz
10-13-2002, 10:17 PM
Swim-cap :D

Ed Donnelly
10-14-2002, 04:19 PM
A sweat band and a baseball cap on backwards. I'm practically bald but this is what I do with my 6yr old

Fish boy
10-14-2002, 07:50 PM
Hi Paula,
My wife says twist your hair in back, then put a bananna clip on the twist. Then again, Harbormaster has some kickin Donzi Registry hats in the gift section that will probably do almost the same thing, but you will look way cooler with the Donzi Lid. :D

Fishboy

MOP
10-14-2002, 09:49 PM
I think they would look so Sweet in World War One fighter pilot hats of course color coodinated. Goggles optional but quite cute smileybo

BigGrizzly
10-15-2002, 12:38 AM
My says the old Donzi cap right hand on hat and lft hand on grab rail works at 80 mph. She also has a lanyard incase hand leaves the hat.

Cool Breeze
10-15-2002, 07:42 AM
Paula,

My wife has short hair and tangling is not a problem. But, don't laugh-I'm serious about a problem I had with the mane & tail of our horses getting all matted/twisted and difficult to brush out. I bought a gel product from the local tack shop (can't recall brand name). I didn't stop the horse hairs from tangling, but it made brushing/combing out very easy. My 2 cents worth.

Cool Breeze

Throttle Up
10-15-2002, 11:16 AM
We all have the same issue Paula! All of the sugestions here are great I would only add one item to the list...skull cap bandanas.. they do not give you "Hat Head"! Just 2 more cents in the kitty!

Julie
Throttle Up

Steven Cohn
10-15-2002, 02:26 PM
I think the Mrs. shaves her pits during boating season. As for her legs, hmm, I don't know. :p

freckles
10-15-2002, 06:54 PM
(Suggestion from a Formula--not Donzi, sorry--wife).
I use the bandana skull-cap method. Be careful about where it hits you on the forehead or you end up with a weird tan line. You could try a fake French braid with ponytail holders. Use a succession of about 5 down the back of your head, gathering more hair as you go. It stays in better than a braid.

Once you're where you need to be and have access to water, wet down your hair and use some Infusium leave-in conditioner. It's the best at getting out tangles.

It's the price we pay for going fast!

Christine

Craig
10-16-2002, 06:26 AM
Maybe if you guys would all just consider going real slow all day in consideration of your better half's appearance...
...oh wait... that won't work ... never mind...

David O
10-16-2002, 08:51 AM
I always suggest they leave their hair free and blowing in the wind with out all the sprays, gels, etc. that causes the hair to stick when tangled. I also assure them, after I am through washing and treating their hair with the best shampoos and conditioners, spending some quality time brushing out their hair and drying it for her as she sips on a good wine, then a nice dinner and evening hugging, cuddling, etc.
The next morning she will be up early and begging for another boat ride and asking can we go faster. Although a little sleepy.

Sure wish I had the chance to try this theory.

PaulO
10-17-2002, 02:27 PM
Shave it off! Buying a Donzi (22zx I think) is what prompted Sinead O'conner to do hers. Her popularity (although short-lived) was an accidental by-product.
PaulO