PDA

View Full Version : New Boarder

Dave C
08-14-2001, 10:14 PM
Thought I would take the time to introduce myself. I just recently got back to Donzi after a long hiatus. I purchased an 86 Z25 back in Sep 1986 (I think it was DMRZ086E686), it was red and it was, well, beautiful in a way that only Donzis seem to be. Anyway I owned it until 91 when my wife and I decided to try cruising. We owned two Trojans a 90 8.6 and a 97 350 Express and we did our boating from Deltaville VA and Kent Island MD from 91 through 98. When we got to S. Florida I found that there were no covered slips and it was either the intracoastal or the ocean and the Bahamas. Since we had neither the time nor the inclination for long distance cruising, and you sure don't need a 35 footer for the intracoastal, we sold the 350. I don't miss trying to prepare for hurricanes either, or hoping that the insurance will pay if the worst happens! Well we just bough Steve Smith's Z25 (he's out looking for a Z29) and I am delighted to have a Donzi again. It's teal w/ a 454 and a Bravo I drive. I'm not particularly into speed, for me the Donzi is a very unique package of style and performance that satisfies on many levels. I have found the board to be entertaining and informative. I think it's a great forum and I certainly appreciate the effort that has obviously gone into creating it.

GeneD
08-14-2001, 10:25 PM
Well, well, well! Congratulations on your new boat!
I hope to see you at the Ft. Lauderdale race coming up Sept. 27.
Please volunteer to be a patrol boat for the race, they need the help badly. And an old boater like you is exactly what we need out there protecting the race boats from the inevitable jerks out there that insist on going right through the course during the race.
Can I go for a ride????

Dave C
08-15-2001, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the welcome Gene. Would be nice to make it to the Ft. Lauderdale races. Hope to try out the Donzi this weekend in the local waters. Regards

boldts
08-15-2001, 10:49 PM
Dave,

Welcome back to Donzi. My grandfather had a Trojan 36' Sedan. The Ahmish really build a great boat. Nice use of teak throughout. I was just a early teen then, but a ride up on the flybridge back then was much the feeling I get riding in my 18' Classic with the wind blowing through my hair. Have a great time enjoying your new Donzi.