PDA

View Full Version : What broke in Sarasota...

Last Tango
10-13-2002, 09:54 AM
As many of you know, LAST TANGO was ignominiously towed to safe harbor by DONZIGO (thanks you so much Richard!) on the run to lunch on Saturday. The problem turned out to be a broken terminal on the coil wire. Not something I could have found or fixed while bobbing about in Tampa Bay. Nevertheless, a simple and inexpensive repair. Also, the "black light" show on Friday night turned out to be a bad Nav/Anchor switch on the dash. Another simple repair, but not in the dark in 3 foot seas Friday night.
I had a great time in Sarasota, and actually feel very "rewarded" for the breakdown. Without my friends, I would never have seen Richard and Smila's home, or raced offshore in Tom and Charlene's 33ZX Daytona. Thanks to all who were concerned and helpful, including Brandon who stayed with me the whole day and helped me retrieve Last Tango in the late afternoon. That also turned out to be a fortunate set of circumstances because we found the hot and soapy high-pressure quarter car wash on the way back and for $1.50 we got all the salt and sea off the boat and trailer and shined up in time to make the judging on Saturday night.
Thanks to everyone who helped! I love you folks!
Mark

Donzigo
10-13-2002, 10:47 AM
We're glad that it was a small repair, Mark. It was our pleasure to tow a beatiful boat like yours.