PDA

View Full Version : 67 Sporter Wiring Diagram

Kong
10-13-2002, 09:33 AM
Work in progress. Previous post got me thinking also. Does anybody out there have access to a Basic wiring diagram for a 16? Just general wiring routing - no extras. Need to replace the 35 year old stuff. Some of it is cobbed up and I want to keep from smoking it. I am a wiring idiot. I can do the wiring but I need the roadmap!! Also is there a kit I can purchase rather than piecemealing it? BTW the deck coring is coming along well. Using Dow Wall-Mate insulation board. No melting w/epoxy resin and am getting great great grip. The bond is wonderful and will soon be layering the roving laminate soon. Som3e purists may have an issue with this but my research didn't find any negatives other than a flamabilty issue. Not a concern to me. Welcome any and all feedback on this.

Kong
10-13-2002, 02:34 PM
Scott - Man you are right about the old stuff. It really opened my eyes me when I popped the deck and pulled out the old harness. There were splices of mixed color and also of different gages!! Start from square one.

Scott Pearson
10-13-2002, 05:50 PM
Scott has it right. Go all new and Mercruser. Here is a picture of some of the wiring under my deck.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/spearwire01.jpg
(NJ)Scott

Kong
10-13-2002, 09:19 PM
To Both Scotts : I assume that the Merc harness will work regardless of what drivetrain one uses. I have a Ford 302 w/Accel pointless w/coil. I do like the junction block position Scott P.

mattyboy
10-14-2002, 09:31 AM
Nice work Mr Pearson!!!
what no orange ty-wraps??? wink :D
I wish you could teach my techs how to keep the wires neat,they're slobs!!

Matt

Rootsy
10-14-2002, 09:40 AM
a few months or more back i posted a photo of the donzi marine electrical print for the newer 16's and 18's. the photo should still be on the server but i do not remember the specific file name.. it'll be jaroot001.jpg through like 040 something...