PDA

View Full Version : 21GT on E-Bay

Ross
12-02-2001, 08:23 PM
A first for me! This is the first time I have seen a Donzi with the exhaust out the sides. Sound reduction ????

boldts
12-03-2001, 06:07 AM
I took a look at this boat and it looks like there are mufflers in the exhaust system. Maybe the owner went out the side to have the room to put these mufflers in the system. Anyone thinking about purchasing this boat? Doesn't seem to bad for $4,600.

Formula Jr
12-03-2001, 06:42 AM
Buy it now at 4600.

Sometimes I wonder if 4 boats is too much.....then I come to my senses.

Formula Jr
12-03-2001, 07:00 AM
Hey Len. I just bought a gt off E-bay for 4600. The ideal now is to drive out to Aoth alittle early and light, get the boat, do Cumberland and then sell it for my expenses for the trip to someone in the PNW. Interested? And guys do I still qualify for a long distance tow if I'm going back from AOTH? Its a donzi!!!!! this time!!!!!

Woodsy
12-03-2001, 07:23 AM
I have seen this boat. It is stored up at Channel marine on Lake Winni. I am sure if somebody was really interested I could scare up a few of the Lake Winni Bandits and we could go over check out the boat for you.

Woodsy

Formula Jr
12-03-2001, 07:34 AM
As far as I'm concerned the boat is already sold. I'm Dreamdog1.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1042438650

boldts
12-03-2001, 02:00 PM
Congrats FormulaJr,
I was looking into picking this GT up. If your interested in selling after AOTH, I may be a buyer. I e-mailed the seller about the drive missing. He said it was being stored in the marina, but didn't know which Volvo model it was.

Forrest
12-03-2001, 02:10 PM
Owen, congrats on a fine purchase!

Woodsy
12-03-2001, 02:17 PM
Owen...

Congrats!! I chanced upon this boat up at Lake Winni over at Channel Marine. I had no idea the owner was going to sell it. She really is in pretty darn good shape. Way to go!

Woodsy

PS: Let me know where & when you will be picking her up... I have a place right near Winni.... and I am sure the rest of the outlaws would love to hook up and hoist a few to your new purchase... :D

CDMA
12-03-2001, 02:57 PM
Owen,

You are an animal. I will pull it to AOTH for ya.

Chris

jwright
12-03-2001, 09:17 PM
Cool boat!

I have a 1976 21-GT and have to be honest.. I am jealous of the deal you got! I have a tad more into mine :o
If you have not spent a lot of time in one you are in for treat... I LOVE how mine runs. Since the hull as rocker and trim tabs, I bet it will run pretty good with the Volvo drive...

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-03-2001, 09:34 PM
jwright: you had the yellow GT when we rafted at he falls at the AOTH if my memory is correct? Is my memory correct? :)

Owen, I commented on the tow award on your "lift post."

Congrats, I like the light blue.
Bryan

Formula Jr
12-04-2001, 12:43 AM
Ah, there's nothing like a Donzi to bring cause and definition to another adventure.
So many ways to approach this. So many good people and times ahead!!!
Chris, don't be surprised if I tap you on the shoulder with the AOTH tow offer.. But I will say, she would be your boat for the whole event to use as you please, if this happens, and I'll buy all the gas: Tow and Boat to and at AOTH. I'll be too busy trying to get a ride in Geoo's and Randy's boats anyway..... there is only more fun ahead.........

Yes, Owen is doing the Snoopy Dance........a real donzzzzzzzziiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D

CDMA
12-04-2001, 07:03 AM
Owen,

I actually was thinking that if both my dad and me are going we could take 2 cars.
My mom's minivan can tow my 18, I know I know no comments, and I could pull the GT. Hope dad doesn't mind the change from copilot to driver. Either that or I was thinking my friend owns a lumber yard with some big International Flatbeds...maybe he wants to go for a ride ;) .

Chris

mattyboy
12-04-2001, 07:16 AM
congrats owen,
good luck with the new boat

Matt

Danny
12-04-2001, 09:26 AM
Owen
Nice boat.
I just bought a 73 21GT this fall. Mine is almost the exact same setup as far as motor and drive and your right this set up should work fine with this type of hull.
I am one boat ahead of you right now, we have 5, unfortunately only 2 are Donzis.
Is the sunpad and rail around the pad an original factory option?
Danny

olredalert
12-04-2001, 12:08 PM
Owen,

-----Congrats on your latest purchase.I think I remember this boat from new.The rear rail and pad(Danny)are an original option.If its the same boat,its original home was actually on Cape Cod(Osterville)and it belonged to a guy named John Windle.The Windles were from the Wooster area except in the summer.The boat originally came with thru the drive exaust,hence the"sidepipes".I remember the original engine as being a Ford,but I could be wrong about that.In any event,The manifolds and risers sort of look like Mercs and that would make sense as the boat was actually used exclusively in salt water for about the first 4 or 5 years with no particularly special care taken of it.Dont get me wrong,it wasnt abused either,just kept in the water all summer,as there were no in-n-out marinas in the area.Dont know where John is now but could probably track him down with a little time.Hope this helps...............just......ol red!

Formula Jr
12-05-2001, 03:35 AM
Is there anyone that wants this boat, in NH for five K? NH is a non-title state. The trailer is also non titled. This presences a problem for me. Not a big problem...just one I didn't want.

Forrest
12-05-2001, 09:35 AM
Come on Owen, you need this Donzi. NO buyers remorse, please! It's not stolen. Once you have a title for it in you state there is nothing to worry about. Drive fast once you hook-up. Besides, do you know of any other GT-21 in the great Pacific Northwest? Be the first! BTW, trailers in Florida are not titled, but then again, we don't have a boat thieft problem in Florida either! ;)

Formula Jr
12-05-2001, 12:12 PM
You're right Forrest. I did some checking today. Will probably have to title the boat in MD briefly for the layover. No Buyer's remorse. Just a little tired of the trailer VIN quagmires that always happen. I'll just have to be alittle loose with the law for a while and drive REALLY carefully. :) And this time the whole boat wont be stuffed with illegal fireworks and indian cigs.
If Don can drive a bulldozer over the Brookland Bridge, I can tow for a ways under threat of a ticket or two. This just adds a little unexpected layer of complexity to bring the boat to AOTH.

CDMA
12-05-2001, 12:18 PM
Ahhh I see no complexity:

18 year old to officer:

"Honest sir no idea, just helping a friend out... ;) ;) "

boldts
12-05-2001, 01:48 PM
Could someone take a minute and explain this title thing to me. Can't you just take the serial number of the trailer to Oregon DMV and obtain a title for the trailer and get a Oregon license plate for it? What happens when you buy a new trailer? There is not a title for it from the manufacture is there? Personally, the reason I missed this boat Owen is because I wanted a $10,000 loan so I could buy a new trailer and get the boat put back together by a qualified mechanic. You beat me to the "Buy Now" So, if you decide you do not want the boat, I'd like to be the only 21 GT owner in Ohio. I've liked them since seeing JWright's in Mich.

Formula Jr
12-05-2001, 02:07 PM
Matt, says there is no Vin number on the trailer at all. The boat isn't a problem, I just need the past registration and a Bill of sale - Once in Oregon I have to have it inspected and if no VIN number can be found they will issue a new one with the title. What always seems to happen to me, is a seller will have a trailer like this. Unregistered and no VIN. They do the trailers thru DMV in Oregon. I think Maryland still goes thru DNR. They all want this VIN number for titling and registration. What people usually do is just have the trailer registered as a Homebuilt if they lost the VIN. I mean everyone has a Galavanizing tank in their back yard, don't they? All this isn't going to queer the sale. I just so happen to have three cleanly titled and registered trailers. Some of them have very easily removeable tags. I'm just alittle tired of NO VIN Non registered trailers, and the prospect of driving thru 25 different juristictions. Why no one takes the time to just write down the VIN when its readable and then just file it away, is a mystery, cause you can scribe the number on the frame anyway you want to later on. You can just pick a number, but then you run the risk that you'll hit a valid preowned number. All this can be avoided if ya just have the original freaken VIN. Once the trailer is in Oregon, It can not be titled without a VIN if its carrying over 1800 lbs. So I'll just write the trailer off and get a new one I guess. ;) The sunshine in all of this, is I just called the travel agency. $200 bucks to fly round trip PDX to BWI. I'm still laughing on that one..... Its $850 if I use the commuter flight to and from Eugene to PDX. The airline industry is pretty funny these days.....

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-05-2001, 02:15 PM
You guys don't actually register your trailers do ya?

I figured you would just keep your "permanant" trailer plate and use it on each boat trailer when needed! I never seen a cop check a VIN on a trailer tag before. They basically all look alike!

I won't tell what I do! :)
The legal thing of course!!!!
:eek: :eek:

Formula Jr
12-05-2001, 09:26 PM
This so cool. Within 20 Hours, I had five ways to get this boat and store it till May. East Coast Relatives Can Not Be Beat!!!!!!

As of now the boat will be freight shipped to Nap Town to await AOTH for an insanely low price. I must admit most of the fun is talking to Matt the seller. This guy is way out there with a funny view of the world.

PaulO
12-06-2001, 09:31 AM
Owen,
I am with you. I am so tired of that crap with trailers. I have never walked away from a deal (that I recall) because of it but, I know I am in for some drawn out Bull S&*?^t as soon as I get that "the trailer is registered as home built" line. People are real morons with that VIN stuff. It might be nice if when they advertised the package and had no problem stating how new and nice the trailer is that they might mention it did not have a valid registration. I recently sold a boat that I had obtained with a "homemade" trailer and never changed it. When I advertised the boat, I didn't even say it had a trailer. If someone asked, I told them the truth. Fact was, I wouldn't try to charge someone full price for a trailer if it wasn't legitimate. What do people think? When a state trooper pulls you over with a $20,000 boat on a beautiful tandem axle trailer and you show him a registration that says "home built"!!
PaulO

Ranman
12-06-2001, 10:44 AM
Just tell the trooper that you have a buddy with a real nice machine shop who is a master fabricator and can't stand to settle for anything less than overkill.

RickSE
12-06-2001, 12:01 PM
For the past three years I've used the plate from my car trailer on the boat trailer. Our trailer registrations are lifetime which is great since you don't have to renew every year but the registration cost $130. :eek:

If I ever get stopped I'll just blame the wrong plate on my wife, "she must have grabbed the wrong plate officer". :D

Formula Jr
12-06-2001, 05:09 PM
PaulO, I agree. I mean, just once I'd like the trailer to be on the up and up. But they NEVER are if I'm buying out of state. . In Oregon its like 8 dollars to renew every two years and 30 for the new plates. And there is no penaltiy if you let it lapse cause you're not using the trailer. Fees like this, don't turn everyone in to a petty criminal, like I see on the East Coast. I'm not dissing East Coasters here - its your laws that force everyone into this sort of behaviour. The whole way Maryland and alot of states handle tags seems antiquated to me some times. Like why reissue new plates on every transfer? Seems like an aweful waste of time and effort. Oregon also has a transferable registration system, so if the trailer is current, you don't have to do anything but retitled it to the new owner in 30 days. The registration stays the same till its due again. So if I buy an Oregon Tagged trailer, I have 30 days to transport it legally anywhere in the US with out any paper work.