PDA

View Full Version : Ran into another Registry member.

Spitfire Dave
08-14-2001, 08:35 AM
I had just returned from the Clevland offshore race Monday and figured I would go out for a little rip in the old Donzi. There was a stiff breeze coming in from the N.E. so I knew the big lake was off limits, Muskegon Lake would have to do. The tall sailing ships were leaving the lake through out the day, after there stay in Muskegon over the weekend.
After a few good rips on some beautiful 2' slop chop I decided to go over to Bear Lake and check it out. As I entered Bear Lake channel I thought I caught glimpse of a red Donzi going under the Rudiman St. bridge. Sure enough as past under the bridge and in front of the Bear Lake Taveran there stood Tony from Portland Mi and his beautiful little red 67 Sweet Sixteen. After little chit chat we summoned each other to the bar for a soda. After a round Tony thought it would be a good idea to go for a ride in my ship, I second the motion. Off we went. After a few good runs we returned to watering hole for another round. When round two was gone we went for a rip in Tony's ride. Then it was back into our own boats for a little photo session then back to boat ramp shortly before dark.
This turned out to be a great meeting of two Donzi owners that happened by chance. I hope to make one of these Donzi get to gathers one of these days, but the race schedule usually interfers. I have been seeing Gene D. at the race sites and ran into a guy named Phil at Daytona. If any of you Donzi folks come to the National Offshore Powerboat races come look me up at the at the Cat Can Do 40'Skater. I am the tall good looking one of the group.
Spitfire Dave

Blewbyu
08-14-2001, 02:29 PM
We have all been wondering WHO is seeing Gene D.............. :rolleyes:

Gearhead99
08-14-2001, 08:25 PM
Gene who ?????

GeneD
08-14-2001, 10:13 PM
Oh you guys are killing me!
I try to do something exciting and what happens? Everyone is on my back for not keeping in touch and not posting!
Let me tell you, Spitfire Dave is one of the hardest working pitcrew members in APBA, next to me of course! And Cat Can Do is doing fabulously due to his perseverance in the pits. (Dave you have my address for the check right?)
Look...we got the Nationals coming soon to St. Pete...GearHead99 you better make it there! We WILL take the Nationals. Talk about a party?!?!?!?!?
It is very tough to keep in touch with you all with all that is going on with racing. I DO miss all you guys and hope to be included in the AC thingy.
I'll give you all an update on 007. No engine in boat. Motor in machine shop, and no time...it seems...to get it out. But soon.
Then all you hot-rodders better watch out!
Did anyone notice that we (Zero Cavity) took second in Cleveland? We (Zero Cavity) are still in first place nationally and locally. All this is due to the fantastic talent of Dr's Santiago and Ochoa. Two of the greatest guys you would ever want to meet. REALLY...these guys are just the greatest! Very popular, and if I may say so without repercussions...very handsome and very media friendly. Dr. Ochoa and I have a contest going on to see who can pick up the prettiest woman. I am sorry to tell you that he is winning overwhelmingly. I am considering changing my name to Doctor Drago.
On another note...I am very impressed with what I see going on with all the restos. It is amazing what can be done with a little ambition, and what I see is looking very, very good.
I got to tell you, (and ScottB all is forgiven), I am a bit disappointed in the lack of Donzi representation at the races. I guess this is what made 007 so famous. So many of the racers I have met, have seen my boat at the races, and loved it.
People...you have to get out there and get the exposure!!!!
Full Throttle into the Next Millenium!!!!