PDA

View Full Version : Light truck tires

CDMA
12-02-2001, 08:17 PM
This is a little off topic but since a lot of you guys have trucks I thought you might be interested. I just swapped the Goodyear Wrangler OEM tires off my 1998 Dakota and replaced them with Michelin LTX M/S. What a nice tire. Better traction, quiter and still has a decent aggresive look. I am very pleased. We also has the same tire on my dad's old Jeep and had similar luck with them in that application. I do have to say though in defense of the Goodyears...they needed to be replaced at 70,000 miles for the first time :eek: :eek: :eek: . I was amazed with my driving style they lasted soooo long.

Chris

Dr. Dan
12-02-2001, 10:13 PM
C, I drive over 50,000 miles a year and I always use Michelins as my replacements on OEMs, I believe the last series on our 97 4Runner was the same LTX that you described. Great tire, just rotate them often,especially on a 4X4, I do however run Goodyears on my '93 Lightning, a 60 series performance Eagle GT. Also a good tire. Safe Motoring ... ;) ..Doc

BigGrizzly
12-03-2001, 09:00 PM
I use Michlins on my van for 500,250 miles which carried two road raciers and a spair engine in it and all my necessary tools. On our Jeep and Expidition we use Goodyears- when they go Michlins will take their place. most of the bile racers I knoe run Michlins.

Randy

Dalelama
12-03-2001, 09:57 PM
I've been using BF Goodrich All-Terrain radials...agressive tread, but good for road use. Excellent rain tires... great grip, and the wear is fantastic . For more off-road use, I've run the ATR Mud version... good for beach sand and Everglades gumbo... 33-15's fit on most LT's w/out having to cut sheet metal...

Scott... remember the 440 Power Wagon with the 40" Monster Mudders?!?