PDA

View Full Version : Cross Country Packing List

Formula Jr
10-12-2002, 04:33 PM
Four Catagories.

Driving Stuff:
Maps, compass, Magnifying lense, reading light, Note Pad/Marker, Back support pillow, tunes, Windex/vinegar and Alcohol, Lots of Paper towels, a small trash can, coin jar, Titles, Reg, proof of insure, spare glasses, spare keys, anti-bacterial hand cream. Sunscreen, Armor-All, bullet-proof vest :( . Cooler, lots of Frapps and juice. Trail Mix. Brief case.

Domestic Stuff:
Ass Gaskets, TP, Floss, Brush and Paste, Comb, nail file/clippers, Five days of clothing and bins for fresh and worn, Work Shoes, boat shoes, soap, small towel, Large Towels, Deoderant, Heavy coat and a light coat, rain jacket. Dog pad, inflatable bed, electric air pump, Dog food/water and dog dishes, One BIG BONE, Coleman stove, one medium sized sause pan, coffee and filters, travel mug, Spoons, dish wash pad and soap, sleeping bag, Canned food, can opener, camera, micro-recorder, spare batteries. Small Back Pack. Water Bottle. Jar of Pepperichenies (sp).

Mechanical Stuff:
Floor Jack, wrenches, tools, "special tools", hose clamps, Duct Tape, length of tying wire, spare bulds, spare head lights, Primary wire, crimps, electrical tape, wire nuts, fuses, Trailer light set, two 5 gal gas cans, Two gallons distilled water, spare 12 volt battery, Jumper cables, Pressure gauge, VOM meter Wooden skewer sticks , WD 40 Three Quarts 30 wt oil, One tube 90 wt gear oil. Clymers. Both hitches. Trailer light pig tail. Small shackle lock for trailer. Towing chain.

Boat Stuff:
Spare hubs and bearing sets, tye-downs, flare kit, Handheld VHF, Jackets/throwable, Painter, anchor/rode and a long line. Fenders, paddle, Spot light, dock lines, Clymers, Charts, Hat, eyeglasses sport strap, painters tape, vasaline, binocs, spare drain plug.

Missing anything???

:D

Greg Maier
10-12-2002, 05:24 PM
What are "ass gaskets" ?

Formula Jr
10-12-2002, 05:27 PM
An "Ass Gasket" is one of those pre-made toilet bowl seat paper templates. These are one of better inventions of the 20th century. :D

Oh and I forgot. Need to post note on dash. "Do not Eat UFOs."

Unidentified Fryed Objects. eek!

Digger
10-12-2002, 05:37 PM
good list Owen-

I would add:
--spare tire(s)
--various blocks of woods for chocks or blocking up axles/ grease gun and lots of spare tubes of grease
--cb radio: still the best way to get local directions, or chat when you're bored or find out where the cops are if you happen to be travelling "speedily". Only effective on well travelled roads tho... sounds like you will be taking the less beaten path (which I commend you for) so it may not be so helpful

have fun!

oldLenny
10-12-2002, 10:13 PM
...lap top with "Steets and Trips" unless you know where you are going, 12V inverter for lap top or whatever, fan belts, Red Bull (24 pack), Tylenol, get the big jar, good stereo for when there is NO RADIO TO BE HAD!!!...worlds' finest sleeping bag if you intend to spend anytime in South Eastern Oregon while travelling through the mountains eek! (cut out feet holes and drive with it on)

Oh, and a companian as well as the dog...

I'd go with ya if I had some more time to spare but I am "almost" out for 2002. I presume this is the GT21 pick up trip??? I take it that the WD-40 is for "crab'in...Remember to bring back a "boooshell of blue channels". I'll bring the 'Old Bay. I bought some in Texas.

Best of luck,...Lenny :D

RickR
10-13-2002, 07:42 PM
I compared your list to mine

Pistol w/extra bullets, ax handle :(

Ear muffs for boat
Grease gun and grease
Timing light

Insect repellent

Rootsy
10-13-2002, 08:21 PM
hmmm let me assemble for a moment... ahhh yes