PDA

View Full Version : Outdrive project

Crossbow
10-12-2002, 02:23 PM
:confused: eek!

Crossbow
10-12-2002, 02:26 PM
As posted on another site Bought my Z-33 crossbow out of a lake in texas , when it arrived the outdrives looked brand new, the first season I used it I kept it in the water (salt)for the whole season ,this year I bought the airdock system you see in the mags ,works great keeps the boat high and dry and clean, problem is now the outdrives look like **** when the boat is up and out of the water, question is ,How do I resore them back to new looking condition , do i need new housings or are there ways to repaint them ,the boat is coming out of the water in the next few weeks and i'd like to fix them up before next season, any advice??? :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-12-2002, 03:28 PM
I have left mine sit a couple times this year, just for a few days at a time though, and what I do is, soap and wash everything on the transom, then I put a little on and off in a coffee cup, grab a tooth brush and go over my stainless bolts and exhaust, no On/Off on the haul, my opinion is if you do your a slave to it forever.
Then, towel dry and polish and wax everything, stainless too.
Works for me.
Good luck, Bryan

Crossbow
10-13-2002, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, I think these drives are a little beyond cleaners and such , I think I'm going to go for a total repaint,anybody have a lead as to best paint system to use? The boat is kept on a lift now so once I redo the drives I should be set for a few seasons. :p