PDA

View Full Version : snap in carpeting,cleaning help advice wanted?

fasttrucker
10-12-2002, 02:22 PM
went out for a spin today and started thinking about my snap in carpeting, can i just put it in the washer/dryer???? :confused:

Tidbart
10-12-2002, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't. The machine will beat it to death.
I take mine out and do one of two things.
I take it to the car wash and hit it with the jet sprayer for the car or a high-pressure steam cleaner, if you have one.
Or, I put it in the driveway, spray it with cleaner, brush it, and hose it. Then let it dry in the sun.

Bob

Sam
10-12-2002, 05:55 PM
I use my presure washer to get a deep clean on all my snap-ins. If you need to pre spot with "Spot Shot".

Sam

Dr. Dan
10-13-2002, 08:12 AM
Fast...Do not put it in your washer and especially your dryer!!! eek! I am a manufacturer rep for a carpet mill and I would offer up a couple of suggestions....depending on what type of carpet you have....1.) If it is a low nap cut pile plush, you can definitely use a power sprayer if you like or just buy one of the spray cleaners in a bottle Blue Coral makes a good one and so do several companies, what you want is low detergent action...the biggest problem with residential or any carpet cleaning for that matter is the amount of detergent left in the pile when you think you are through! If you don't get the soaps out it will reatract soil particles and it will look like it's restaining...in effect it is , but technically the new stain is just the dried soap picking up other oil based particles(like particles attract)...if it is an olefin berber type of carpet, they are basically the same, but less likely to fade from sun or bleaching agents...the important thing is to let it dry in the sun, ideally...the sun will kill any mold spores and prevents mildew, 2.) another great little house hold trick is just ammonia mixed with water in a spray bottle,(vinegar works too)spray on your spot, blot it up with a "White" terry cloth towel/rag and let dry...white is used so there is no color transfer to or from materials! Lastly vacuum good...and let dry..it will look brand new...this also works great for your spots in your car too, just let it air dry in there... :p Hope this helps.. Bill....Good Luck.. :D .Doc