PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida Merc Help

Fish boy
10-12-2002, 01:57 PM
Does any know a good mercury mechanic in central Florida? Preferable in Orlando or Kissimmee, and works on outboards. I recently moved here and do not know who to take my donzi to in the area that is good AND reasonable. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Fishboy

Tidbart
10-12-2002, 03:01 PM
I had the same problem. Some of the mechanics around here are charging ridiculous rates.
Anyways, lately I have been dealing with Hagood Bros in downtown Orlando for parts and advice. They have been very friendly and helpful. They don't have a turn-a-round of employees every season like some boat dealers do. They are located on Central Street, just west of Downtown. They aren't a dealer, they just service boats. I would give them a try, swing by and talk to them sometime, feel them out. Form your own opinion.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Fish boy
10-12-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks Bob, I appreciate the suggestion. will give them a try.

Fishboy

Donzigo
10-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Hey, Fishboy, your little brother in Sigma Nu, and my neighbor, Trey Heyward grew up in Kissimmee on Alligator Lake. I'm sure he could reccommend someone, as well. I had coffee with him this morning on the dock. I see him almost everyday, can't shake him, he's always over here.........LOL , they are both great friends.

Trey Heyward, 727-865-2108 (I know you probably have it)

Fishboy, come to see us sometime.

Bob & Ranya, we're definitely holding you to a visit soon. Ranya, Smila is making TABULLE right now. Oops, I got to go get Lemon juice for it, forgot, bye.

Richard

Fish boy
11-12-2002, 09:21 AM
Richard,
Sorry it took so long to respond, I did not see your post until I went looking for the name of the guys that Bob recommended in Orlando. Are you going to the St. Johns in Dec?? I do not believe that I will be able to get over that way before then, so hopefully we can hook up on the river. My brother, whom I believe you know, will also be bringing his Donzi.

I will give Trey a call. Who knows, maybe we can talk him into coming… once bitten, he won’t be able to shake the Donzi fever!

Jody

Donzigo
11-12-2002, 08:14 PM
we are going to try to get over to the St. Johns.

We'll be looking for a ride.

Richard