PDA

View Full Version : Dash Pannel

96blackhawk502
09-19-2002, 09:54 PM
I cracked the plastic pannel on my 96 Black hawk, Is there an aftermarket brushed alluminum one that I can replace it with? I also would like to replace my buttons with the newer classic style, is this possible?

Kevin

Donzi Blackhawk
09-21-2002, 09:09 AM
Kevin,

The dash panel for your boat is made of translucent plexiglass. The face is silkscreened black and all of the nomenclature is engraved. The panel was designed this way so that at night with the running lights on you will have the switch functions light up on the panel. Unfortunately, this material proved to be very brittle and cracked.

Here is where you may be in luck. I changed the material from plex to aluminum on my Blackhawk so I have the patterns, but I can do you one better. I had one panel made out of poly, the same used by our panel manufactures. It looks just like the original only that it does not light up the nomenclature. Go to the registered boats section of the registry and check out what I did with my boat. Let me know if you might need my extra panel. The panel on my boat now is made out aluminum.

Bryant Niedospial

96blackhawk502
09-21-2002, 11:00 AM
Very nice boat!! Where did you get the "Donzi Racing" covers?

-KMT15

Donzi Blackhawk
09-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Hey 96Blackhawk502,

I thought you needed a new dash panel? Now you need valve covers? Just kidding! Madpoodle must have already forgotten that I work for Donzi Marine, and I do all of my own work. The valve covers are standard issue Mercruiser that I painted red then the decals were added to the flat area on the top. Heat has no effect on them.

Bryant

La Minx
09-21-2002, 02:54 PM
I know this was debated over and over, but weren't all the Blackhawk Limited Editions rigged with 502's?

Donzi Blackhawk
09-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Every 22 Blackhawk be it either a Limited Edition or a standard Blackhawk left Donzi marine with a 502 Mag MPI tied to a Blackhawk drive. Don't let anyone tell you differently! I was there and watched everyone go up the production line. My Blackhawk has a 454 Mag MPI because I wanted to build and modify my engine based on the 454.

Oops, sorry for going off topic. Hey Kevin, hope my information on the dash panel has helped you out. There, I hope that helped to put us back on topic.

Bryant

96blackhawk502
09-21-2002, 04:25 PM
yes that helped out, i also would like to replace the switches to the bump type on the newer Donzi's.

Back off topic, Did you gel coat the inside of the Hood? Looks very nice, hope you dont mind if I copy a few ideas from you. You have a very nice boat. What mods do you have and what speeds are you running?

Kevin

96blackhawk502
09-21-2002, 04:33 PM
Also where did you get the Donzi key float?

Kevin