PDA

View Full Version : florida

postcard
08-12-2001, 08:29 PM
Any florida meets coming up?

Last Tango
08-12-2001, 09:13 PM
Florida events are coming soon!

Lake Eufaula, on the Georgia/Alabama border, is Labor Day Weekend. Look back a couple pages of threads and you will see all the information about that event.

The factory is planning an event soon, but has asked me not to say anything more about it until it is final. Mike Miller will announce it to us when he is ready. Don't bug him because nothing is final, yet. I will not respond to questions about the factory event, but if it goes as planned, it will be as warmly remembered as the Portofino event last year.

Once the factory event is out, I will make final date and hotel plans for an event in Palatka, Florida, tentatively planned for the second weekend in November. It will be called something like The Last Chance Rendezvous or something equally catchy. It will be on the Northern St. Johns River. The site is fresh water, with some potential runs to slightly brackish water, but returning to fresh water, thus self performing fresh water cleaning of our engines and hulls. No speed limits, no noise limits, lots of open water, at least two Hooters restaurants dockside, and several really fun "local color" restaurants to tie up at. November is warm and usually dry, the water is still warm, and sweaters will not be necessary. Still bikini weather here at that time. Please don't tell me such-and-such college/NFL football game is that weekend - I don't care. Pick your own priorities, but we will have TV available both days for the die-hards.

Mark Laszlo
"Last Tango"...no longer the worlds most expensive Classic 18. There really ARE greater fools.
:cool: