PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram

CaptWK
10-11-2002, 06:11 PM
I need a wiring diagram showing where the wires go on my trim switches. There is two purple wires that I cant figure where they go. Something is crossed now cause when I use either switch both drives move. I have tried everything. HELP. These are on a 1987 Z29 with merc drives :confused:

Donzigo
10-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Capt. Wk.

Go to BENNETT TRIM TABS .com and they will have a wiring diagram there for you. That's what I did. No, I don't have one. I threw it away after I wired my new tabs. Went through just what you are going through.

Good luck!

Richard

Formula Jr
10-12-2002, 02:15 AM
They are supposed to go to your trim limit switches, which are mounted on the port sides of the drives. Since these are now open, somebody buy passed them, or else your drive trim wouldn't work at all. To by pass them they would have had to hard wire the (up/out) switchs. If they just took a splice off the blue/white wires to the red/purple wires, either of the switches would actuate both drives. Do you have trim limit with just the (up) switchs?

Tabman II
10-14-2002, 03:54 PM
CaptWK,

Hi! I am Thomas and I work in Client Services at Bennett Marine. The following is the basic wiring for our systems, but I am not real sure you have a Bennett Trim Tab system because of the Purple wires. Please ensure it is a Bennett Marine System before using this information:

Red Port Valve
Green Starboard Valve
Blue Motor Forward (pump pressure)
Yellow Motor Reverse (pump retract)
Black on HPU Ground
Orange on Helm Control Positive

Fuse: 12-volt system use 20 amp in-line fuse on positive. (24v & 32v use proportionately smaller)

If you have anymore questions, feel free to contact me at trimtabs@earthlink.net.

Sincerely,
MJ Thomas
Bennett Marine, Inc.
Client Services
954-427-1400
954-480-2897

CaptWK
10-14-2002, 10:18 PM
Thanks for all the info. What happens is when I toggle the switches to lower or go in on my drives both move even though I use only one switch. This setup use to work till I had some work done on the boat. Im thinking the boat shop changed some wiring on me. I found the two purple wires loose under the dash. I have three switches, one for port one for starboard and one for trailer mode. The drive switches would go up till they hit a limit. Then the trailer switch took them up the rest of the way. Now any switch bring the drives all the way in and the trailer mode works from all the way in to trailer and the drive swiches also can bring them all the way up. Its like I got power to both drives and the trailer switch all the time in in mode.

CaptWK
10-14-2002, 10:23 PM
I'm talking about my drives not trim switches. Sorry about that.