PDA

View Full Version : Lighthouse ? (BIG, BMP)

RickR
10-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Anyone know which lighthouse this is? It looks ALOT different from last year.
I'll buy a brewski for the first correct answer :D
http://www.donzi.net/photos/rryan24a.bmp

RickR
10-10-2002, 08:10 PM
Sorry! Long download. Pic is too nice for a JPG. I'm a digital camera novice wink

BTW Tennessee is SOUTH of the Mason Dixon Line. And there are ALOT MORE Yankees in FLA USA than the Volunteer State :D GO VOLS!!!

HP 600SC
10-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Is it Boca Grande?

RickR
10-10-2002, 08:16 PM
The Tedster wins. I owe you one :D Isn't it purty without the oil tanks! Too bad next year the point will be covered with condos.

HP 600SC
10-10-2002, 08:29 PM
I'll drink to that!!! Too bad about the condo's
I love lighthouses!! Kinda my hobby... :D

CDMA
10-10-2002, 08:50 PM
Oh Ted,

Does the missing -22 in your name indicate a sale of your boat?

Chris :D :D :D

HP 600SC
10-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Chris, very keen eye! but not sold....just wanted to drop the 22 from the name....thinking about a complete name change soon. It's getting old.

RedDog
10-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Rick, you may call yourself a novice but great photo and you may teach me a thing or 2. I have been shooting digital for a few years; my camera captures images in jpg as native format. Your bmp photo is really sharp to be viewing on line. What camera are you using and does it capture in bmp format?

Fish boy
10-11-2002, 05:16 AM
Beautiful photo; I love to fish the pass andthe flats near by. Total bummer about the condos. I agree with the general concensus about the Picture- it is beautiful. I hope to someday become as novice with my camera as you claim to be. :)

Understand about the old line drawn at the Mason Dixon, but when you live in Florida... everything is North.

Fishboy

Forrest
10-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Great pic Rick. You'll have to take St. Marks lighthouse next time you are out fishing in the Big Bend area. Maybe RickR's Lighthouse Calanders, Inc., is in your future!

RickR
10-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Thanks Guys :D

Reddog
I'm learning the digital camera (2 Mega pixel Fuji). Downloading pics to Finepixs then opening in "I Photo Plus 4" software, resizing, and saving as BMP. Files are still to long big, I'm working on it. Any suggeations.

Forrest
St. Marks is on the list. See you soon wink

RedDog
10-13-2002, 08:33 PM
After capture by your camera, the file format is likely already in JPEG. If so, then "saving as" a BMP is not going to improve the photo - only make it larger - a lot larger.

But, the more your open a JPEG and modify, the more "quality" you will lose as in re-compresses for each new save. OK to open and close frequently, its the saves that over time can deterorate the quality - so I understand? If I am off base, someone please point it out.

I use a 1600 x 1200 JPEG setting on my camera and each picture is close to 1 meg. I do have a option to shoot and capture in TIFF format - each photo is several meg - I have seen no value in using this - the 1600 x 1200 JPEG setting makes fine photos up to 8"x10" enlargements - I use Shutterfly.com to develop photos and have been very happy with their service - upload the digat file and order. If you order several at a time the shipping charge is a nominal contributer to the cost - and no state sales tax. $0.49 for 4x6 and $0.99 for 5X7.