PDA

View Full Version : Rhino liner

Philip47
07-19-2002, 06:28 PM
I was down at the Marina looking at my torn down engine and saw the engine compartment of a Fountain they were re-powering, they had sprayed it with Rhino Liner, and it looked GREAT, and shouldn't stain from rust, impervious to fuel etc.
What do you think, I definetly might do my engine compartment

Ralph Savarese
07-19-2002, 07:34 PM
What about for those slippery painted floors?

Philip47
07-19-2002, 09:45 PM
the floor in my engine compartment right now is Emron white and is slippery when wet big time, the Rhino liner has have more grip than painted fiber glass, we are talking the engine compartment and I don't have much space to walk in, pretty tight and tilted due to the hull shape, I have carpet in my passenger compartment

Scott Pearson
07-20-2002, 05:22 AM
I was originaly going to do that on my 18. I know a guy real well who has a Rhino Liner business. Any whooo....decided against it. I was afraid that if a stringer cracked you would never see it. Also if you ever had to do a repair you would have one hell of a time getting it off. And by chance if you did get water behind it it would never come out.

My 2 cents

(NJ)Scott

MOP
07-20-2002, 06:42 PM
My truck has Rhino liner it is fantastic but gas and oil will stain it a bit. The stains are not perminent they can be scrubed off. The stuff is bullistic, I carry engine blocks, cinder blocks, dirt and bushes. Once washed out you would think I never used it. Also Rhino Liner does decks, its pricy but you decks will never leak again and the non skid properties are very good.

Scott Pearson
07-21-2002, 10:06 AM
MOP,
They do decks on Houses? Sounds like a great idea. I'm redoing my upper deck off the bedroom and want to make it so it wont leak to the lower deck.

(NJ)Scott

MOP
07-21-2002, 07:00 PM
I don't see why not, give them a call. An alternative a buddy just did was reprocssed platic board, just like the stuff you are starting to see at marinas. He got a 25 year garentee it has UV and no splitering comes in colors. I bet decking guys in you area have it for comparison. I wonder how either will stand up to shoveling snow? That and color would be of concern to me. I am going to cover my now starting to go bad front stoop with a small deck with planter boxes and patio (Her Choice) blocks out to the driveway. http://www.rhinolinings.com/ http://www.usplasticlumber.com/