PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run, a fish-story, a must read!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-11-2001, 12:05 PM
Well there we were, my buddy and I, 1st card in the boat after 13 powerboats ran across the bay following a 40 some foot Black Thunder, heading for the second stop at 60MPH, WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN I see a fish about 12-14 inches long jump straight out of the water inches from the bow, a micro second later my buddy is wapped in the face like Mike Tyson hit him, and bleeding real bad.....
He is with the doc now. He actually had fish scales in his mouth! I guess some stiches and well we already know a fat face and black eye.
Time to clean the boat up and wait on his return from the doc...
Ya just never know whats going to happen.
Bryan

Greg
08-11-2001, 12:33 PM
Did he keep the fish?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-11-2001, 01:55 PM
Nothing left of the fish but blood and guts!

Last Tango
08-11-2001, 07:09 PM
I hope your buddy is recovering okay. But It sounds the the fish was undersize to be legal. Does he have a proper fishing license. Sounds like you make have to "scale back" on your high speed runs at feeding time.
Mark :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-11-2001, 07:44 PM
My buddy is recovering still, having a hard time eating etc.... we just got back from checking on him.

It really was a remarkable deal, I mean that fish went straight up it the air, nut a jump type but straight up like a rocket.
Did you hear about when Fabio was hit in the face by a goose on an amusement ride? Guess what Jon's new nickname is????

I learned an important lesson today though, see I never remove my lines when cruising, I just tie them off, but since we had a helo shooting the photo's 15 feet over each boat at speed, I took my bow line off.... never again, when the first mate is hurt and I am in a crowded channel with an emergency, that is no time to think about putting the bow line back on!

HEY Forrest, did you make it home okay?
Bryan

PaulO
08-13-2001, 09:37 AM
About 15 years ago, I was hit in the head by a seagull while riding my Triumph motorcycle on the expressway. Damn thing looked like it was dying in mid-flight and heading toward me. I tried to swerve and move my head out of the way but, BANG! Almost knocked me off the bike at 65 mph. My neck was sore for a week after that. Feathers everywhere!
PaulO

Forrest
08-13-2001, 09:03 PM
Bryan, that's the most insane fish story I've ever heard!!! Once I had a fish jump in front of my little Glastron CV-16 and kick water in my face while I was flying low, but never heard of a fish slappin' the you-know-what out of a passenger in a boat! :eek:

I'm back home now, getting ready for Eufaula. Man, that sure was a quick trip to to Virginia. Next year TWO weeks!