PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I LIFT MY 16 FT CLASSIC OFF AND ON MY TRALIER??????

ralph
08-10-2001, 04:43 PM
HEY EVERYONE RALPH HERE WITH THE 16 FT CLASSIC 1996 THAT I BOUGHT LAST WEEK ..QUICK QUESTION I AM TAKEING THE BOAT OUT NEXT WEEK TO THE CENTRAL CALIF. COAST AND THE LOCATION HAS A LOADING LIFT WITH STRAPS.HOW DO THEY GET THE STRAP UNDER THE BACK OF THE BOAT WHEN ITS ON THE TRALIER??? CAN YOU LIFT THE BOAT FROM THE 3 REAR EYE HOLE BOLTS AND THE ONE ON THE FRONT OF THE BOAT ??? ARE THESE MADE TO LIFT THE BOAT OUT OF THE WATER WITH OUT HURTING THE GEL COAT?? I DONT WANT TO HURT MY NEW BOAT... ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT..THANKS RALPH BAKERSFIELD CALIF...P.S HOW LONG DO YOU RECOMEND I FLUSH THE ENGINE AFTER I RUN IT IN THE OCEAN??? :)

Donzigo
08-10-2001, 07:20 PM
Flush the boat for ten full minutes.

DonziDave
08-10-2001, 07:34 PM
I don't know about lifting a 16 with the deck
hardware. If the eyes are only bolted to the deck, don't do it. My '86 18 has the bow lifting ring bolted to the keel and the rear deck ring is bolted thru the transom. I hang my boat from the lifting rings in my boathouse with a cable lift. Works great! I have a walk board that spans the width of the boathouse that I can slide under the boat to wax, patch nicks, etc.
Been hangin' off the rings for 15 years - no stress cracking or hull deformation.
Dave

MOP
08-12-2001, 03:08 PM
Hi I have my 16 on a bunk trailer, i have just enough overhang aft to get one strap on. I take a hydraulic javk and a block of wood and jack th bow up enought to slide the stap in from the bow. Works fine and no worry of damage.

Phil / long Island

Blewbyu
08-13-2001, 05:26 AM
You can use the hydraulic jack with blocks at both ends (one end at a time).Works great.

Formula Jr
08-13-2001, 05:53 AM
Only, winners of the Miami-Nassau get to post in all caps. :D
All 16's can be lifted from the rings only. Thats how they are built.