PDA

View Full Version : Donzi to drop pricing?????

roadtrip se
11-28-2001, 11:41 AM
I just picked up a nugget on the OSO board worth checking into with some more credible sources like the ones who lurk here.
We all know the economy could be better. Boat manufacturers and dealers are offering some pretty good deals as Bryan and Frank can attest. The rumor states that Donzi may make a big splash soon by dropping prices by 20%! If so, there could be a 22SE coming to Texas. Any comments from RickS or SunDance?
I sure would like to do my part to keep the Donzi factory busy, but the price of entry has been a little too steep... Todd

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-28-2001, 03:47 PM
Hi Todd,, I think I saw the same OSO post, where as there won't be a 6% jump for next year (2002).
As far as our deals this year, they were 2001's already owned by dealers, which had sat many months. As far as price it just goes to show you there is 20 to 35 K difference compared to sticker MSRP to what you can get a boat for now and about 15 K difference in dealer pricing compared to dealer cost!
So take the 22SE MSRP, subtract 20 grand and start haggling down, are there any at dealers???
What do they go for in general, on a 22SE,
$ 75K ??? Just guessing not trying to be wise in case that is too low.
I thought only a couple were made, one here on the board and one for a guy at Lake George.
A 22SE would be awesome and suit you just right, then you would really be a better than 70MPH classic owner.

When you coming to visit again?
Bryan.

Shanghied Again
11-28-2001, 05:53 PM
There are also some BIG and Better changes coming. I can not say at the moment! But hold on to your sox cause Donzi is going to blow everyone away in the up coming year! Performance boating at its best. I am so proud to see a company I believe so much heading to be number (1) once again! :D

Formula Jr
11-28-2001, 07:12 PM
You mean they are building a 460, arneson, bench seat, rocker hull 18???
Where's my camping gear and check book?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-28-2001, 09:07 PM
The grumblings I heard were warranty for the life of the boat for the original owner, much like Active Thunder....

Dealer Meeting 4/5 Dec may give us a hint!
24ZX with a 496Mag HO.... mark my words, something is brewing. OR I read to much.

Rumors are a great thing! 20 years in the Navy has taught me one thing for sure, and that is there is some truth in most rumors!

Bryan

Shanghied Again
11-29-2001, 04:44 AM
Better! Much Better! I cant say anything yet Mike, Nick and Steve will have my head.

DONZIMAN2
11-29-2001, 07:44 AM
Sounds good to me while I shop for the 33! Bring it on. See you on the water. Bob

RickSE
11-29-2001, 09:57 AM
For the 2002 model year a lot of the Donzi prices actually went down, from 2001. The partnership between Donzi and ProLine seems to be working well and each is benefiting from the others experience. In the long run the customer gets a better boat, better quality and hopefully lower prices.

At the last dealer meeting the big news was the F2 boat and the possibility of Donzi selling Cats, 36' & 40'. Unfortunately I missed the meeting in which Donzi discussed the Cats and any other new items so I can't elaborate on much more news.

I'll ask my dad about any new news on pricing and models. Were coming up on the time of year when Donzi usually announces incentives. Typically around the first of the year they'll announce either a financing or rebate program to help dealers sell boats at the upcoming shows. They also want to keep people interested in boating through the winter months. I'd have to believe there'll be some pretty good programs this year with the economy the way it is.

Someone needs to buy some boats from my dad so we get invited to this summer’s dealer meeting. The 2001 meeting included all the dealers while the 2002 meeting was invite only. At the rate we're going I'm not sure we'll get invited this year. :(

Bob, sounds like my father's 33 won't be heading east till after the first of the year, maybe early spring.

DONZIMAN2
11-29-2001, 10:11 AM
Thanks Rick. Talk to you soon. Bob

RickSE
11-29-2001, 02:17 PM
There is a sales meeting next week at Donzi. May be some new information coming out of that meeting.

donzislsman
11-29-2001, 03:31 PM
Hey Guys! I was one of the guys on that "other board" talking about Donzi's. I try to always bite my tongue over there and really tried to not say too much about this topic. They certainly aren't going to lower their prices by 20% and that was just some smart a** trying to start stuff. They are going to make a big spalsh, and possibly many other things in regards to incentives and pricing. It will be huge otherwise the word wouldn't have got out. Plans are for this "splash" to debut at one of the early shows in the winter. This by no means is going to make the deals people like Frank and Bryan got on their recent purchases look bad; like they said they were on boats that had been in inventory awhile and were 2001's. I am certain that got a fantastic deal. I am trying not to say too much, but it is hard because the upcoming things are going to be huge, and should really benefit Donzi, its dealers, and its owners. Be sure to still go ahead and check at what dealers currently have in inventory, if you are currently looking, because like myself and others have already said I am sure there are some deals to be had. Stay tuned and start planting the seed to the wife for a new boat early next year because the deals are going to be too good to pass up. I hope I haven't said too much, and good luck.

Barry :cool:

Shanghied Again
11-29-2001, 05:50 PM
Barry, What is going on in Donzi, I will only let Donzi come out with the news of what they are doing. I was sworn to secresy and I wont come out with the Great news. But let me tell you. No one will look at the Power of Donzi the same way! :D

DONZIMAN2
11-29-2001, 06:08 PM
Frank, At least give us a clue how much longer we have to suffer! LOL. How many coats of wax you have on the 26 now. I just dropped mine off at my dealer to take advantage of some of that awesome factory support. The best in the industry. Can I get an AMEN!! Stay/Go Big D!

Pegasus
11-29-2001, 06:54 PM
Bob-Here is your chance...care to talk about your shopping of your 33?

DONZIMAN2
11-29-2001, 07:38 PM
Called up there today and you were already gone. Spoke with DC. Shoot me an e-mail off of my profile. Thanks, Bob

Shanghied Again
11-29-2001, 08:18 PM
Stephanie, Welcome my darling sweetie good to have you aboard!

Bob hopefully very soon.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-29-2001, 09:12 PM
Hi Frank, Bob and Stephanie... Jacksons will have to work hard to get cash out of my tight wad best friends Bob&Robin! BUT if the numbers are right next year we can drink our boat soda in an AC/heated cabin, IF Jacksons can add a generator to that Daytona and make the #'s.... We have looked at so many Bob, I forget, does Jacksons boat have a genset?

I still say the one in Fla is the deal Bob... Nancy agrees after she saw the pictures! She is calling Robin tomorrow!
Bryan

BOB, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

roadtrip se
11-29-2001, 11:45 PM
Well, this thread has got me fired up, but I am not quite sure what about. I haven't seen a circle of poker faces like this one since the last time I was in Vegas. I will place a few inquiries around the business for secrets are hard to keep in this small performance boat world.

Bryan, coming your way twice in the next month or so. Let you know when I get things firmed up. It would be cool to show up with an SE at the AOTH2 wouldn't it? As for finding them in dealer stock? Too limited appeal, too many horses, and way too much money. I've seen several 27-30 footers with a 500HP for the change Donzi wants for this thing.

RickS. I would love to buy a boat from Marty. After the sales meeting, if he has got good news on pricng let's talk!

I know one thing, Donzi is holding all the aces... Todd

Pegasus
11-30-2001, 05:17 AM
Hey Frank! *smooches* Great to be here! Brian, How you doing hon! KOTC I have sent an email to Bob about that Daytona we have. What ever Bob decides it's all in the name of Donzi and Jackson is happy to help anyway we can. I wonder if he ever considered just having one built to his specs and ready for spring delivery? It's like a house...you like to mold several because not one has everything you want. Any way...just hope he is happy with what he does get!

As far as the Poker Run...Trying to pin down the Miller brothers to see what is what. So I will keep you all posted of the outcome. yes Jackson wants to make this the event of the year on the upper bay...no doubt about it. Last year wasn't so bad considering I never put one together before! Now I am armed with feedback! YA! Live and learn fellows! Talk to you all soon!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-30-2001, 06:46 AM
Smooches! I won't ask! :)

Hopefully something will work out for Bob, and it usually does. All I know is that it will say ZX on whatever he gets!

The PR is on our calender.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
11-30-2001, 07:03 AM
Steph, I sent you an obnoxiously long email to your yahoo address, I'll call you today to discuss arrangements & help you track down those elusive singing Miller Brothers! :D ...Doc

Pegasus
11-30-2001, 05:42 PM
Dr. Dan! After I got off the phone with you guess who called??? Yes! Little Nicky. I have a conference call first thing Monday morning with the duo relative to the Poker Run at Jackson Marine the weekend of August 9th. From what I could glean...ya baby...will will smoke the upper Chesapeake for sure..!!!! Have to start on new logo for the run....I will have to outdo my self. Wish me luck! Will be in touch with you soon about getting together.

Talk to you soon! Hey Frank! Give me a call Monday afternoon so I can touch base with ya son!

Shanghied Again
11-30-2001, 08:32 PM
Steph, Thunder on the River! I was going to use Thunder on the bay for the Donzi meet in NJ but hey we can join forces and make a Donzi Poker Run and Donzi meet all in one. A 3day Event starting Friday Night. I have a sheet of about 75 Donzi owners from Philly NJ and NY, When the time is right invites can go out! Of Course I will be there.
:D