PDA

View Full Version : Corsa exhaust on 16 Classic.

Kikwear
08-10-2001, 09:29 AM
I called Corsa Marine yesterday to order my Captain's Call diverter system and they said that it might not fit because the 1995+ boats have a different steering rack position. They were going to fax over a template for me to look and see, but I have no fax. I called again and still no fax. Does anyone have this setup on their 16? I wish they’d just fax me the damn thing. I want to order it, but I’m not going to if it won’t fit.

TRU-JACK
08-10-2001, 12:59 PM
I have a 1989 and would like to install the same setup. Does this system allow you to switch from thru-hull to thru-prop? and how much $ approx? thanks

marcdups
08-11-2001, 07:17 AM
Kikwear, mine 94 model 16 , going to install one today,will let you know this evening bot I have the 4.3 HO, hopefully no problems :eek:
Marc

Varrrrrrrrrroooooooom soon, hopefully

marcdups
08-13-2001, 04:47 AM
Captains's choice is back in the box for now, seems like there is a lack of room for the thru hulls, will have to contact corsa today as the measurments they gave me over they phone are unclear and I will not drill until certain, if any of you guys have done it please HELP!!

Marc
silent for the moment!! :confused:

marcdups
08-13-2001, 05:55 AM
Scott, sounds like a plan, will pack everything , tools and boat sodas, cannot wait to meet you guys and have a good time, I have a set of merc thru hulls, I wonder if I need to cut the flange before coming down??

Marc
shade tree exhaust system, a first, maybe :D

Kikwear
08-13-2001, 12:19 PM
Marc,

I talked to Tony at Donzi and he said that the 4.3 and the 5.7 setups are not the same. Now, I have Tony and Rick at Corsa going back and forth to figure this out. Turns out that Donzi’s schematics are little bit different than what Corsa has. They have their engineers going at it and they’re going to get back to me. I just want that above water exhaust! I just thought about something. I bet you could get a general idea of what your 4.3 is going to sound like if you just put some cups on the drive and start it on the trailer. We just sold our old 1979 Wellcraft 19.6 and it had a 5.0. Great sounding engine because it doesn’t have all that emissions crap on it. It sounds meaner than the Donzi! Different cam over the winter should fix that real quick.

CrackerJack
08-13-2001, 02:32 PM
Any of you guys interested in the sound of thru hull with a 4.3L V6, I can email you a
movie peg file with sound. Needs realplayer
to view. Jack

marcdups
08-13-2001, 07:53 PM
Jack, do you have captains choice and what set of thru hulls?? I need the measurements bad if not I guess we'll do it when I come down to bagby ( maybe!! ), I have a set of merc thru hulls but will get a corsa if I have to, they just take a little longer to get. thanks for any help you can provide.

Marc

:confused: :( :confused:

CrackerJack
08-14-2001, 06:49 AM
They came with the boat. They are just basic
thru hulls no switching to drive. I have
to assume they are merc since there is no
identification. Tell me what measurements
you need or we can talk on the phone
realtime.

RickR
08-14-2001, 09:08 AM
I have a set of tips for sale that might be OE for a 16 or 18 Classic. They certantly were not for a 1995 22. So I replaced them.

I assume they are cut off at the top to fit near the waist line of the classic. They also have a slight angle on the flange.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/rickr04tips.jpg

Kikwear
08-16-2001, 09:21 AM
Well, I’m almost there. Jim Browing Jr at Corsa called me and then faxed me some dimensions and I just called back with the measurements from my boat. He’s going to fax me some more pictures and a quote on the system. Oh boy! Now, when people complain that I’m going too fast, I can punch it to make it faster and the exhaust will drown them out!

TRU-JACK
08-16-2001, 10:21 AM
Kikwear, please let me know how you make out with the Captains Call, I'm interested in ordering a set for my 16. I'm interested in $cost, as i have to use my weak Canadian $, so i'll be paying at least 1.5 times as much, plus shipping etc... thanks

Kelly
08-16-2001, 04:39 PM
I'm intrested in the system for a 1992 18' Classic w/ a 351 Ford. I would also like that sound clip emailed to me.
four55equipped@aol.com

Thanks
Kelly

marcdups
08-16-2001, 05:46 PM
Tru-Jack, what engine do you have in your 16, let me know and I may cut you a deal!!

Marc :eek:

TRU-JACK
08-16-2001, 10:26 PM
marcdups, it's the 4.3LX 4bbl Mercruiser. Let me know i'm interested. thanks ;)

marcdups
08-17-2001, 08:42 AM
Tru Jack, 600 us + shipping that includes corsa captain's call and mercruiser tips with internal and external flappers, let me know if you are interested.
Marc

TRU-JACK
08-17-2001, 09:43 AM
marcdups, i'm still interested, but i will take some digital photos this weekend and post them as i have an interesting setup. I purchased from the 2nd owner who routed the exhaust back to the factory thru-hulls, but there is the piping installed down to the prop exhaust with caps on them from the 1st owner. I'll get some pics so we can be sure that they'll work on my application. Does your setup allow to switch from the dash? I assume it does as i think that the 'captains call' include this but i'm not positive.
thanks and i'll be sure to forward some pics on monday. Have a great weekend. :D ;)

marcdups
08-17-2001, 11:25 AM
Yes it can be switched at the dash, brand new in the box, let me know!!
Marc

Kikwear
08-21-2001, 11:36 PM
Finally, after a week of correspondence, I got the Corsa ordered today. Yeah! Should be in about two weeks. I'll post pictures if anyone is interested.

TRU-JACK
08-22-2001, 10:55 AM
I'm interested in photos as i'm still thinking about doing the same. I'll post some photos of my engine as i have the pipes installed down to the prop as well as the currently used thru-hulls. ;)