central ohio shoot out
Alum Creek
Sun 20.

smoothie
10-08-2002, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the post Hyper,Im going to try and make it. :cool:

HyperDonzi
10-08-2002, 09:50 PM
I will be there, probably asking for a ride!

HyperDonzi
10-13-2002, 02:20 PM
Bump again while i see Boldts is on.

boldts
10-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Tommy, Thanks, can't believe I never heard about this before. Unfortunately, the 22 is winterized already. Might have to get her back out. LOL

HyperDonzi
10-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Already? Its just getting into the nice season, smoothe waters, no other boats to worry about, cooler running temps....

boldts
10-16-2002, 05:26 AM
Yea, I know..... It's those 30 degree nights I worry about. Plus, since my birthday is in Sept., registration on the trailer runs out and not that it's a lot of money, but if I wait until Spring to renew, the registration is pro rated. So my special Donzi plates then cost the same as a regular plate in the Spring. Since I was unsure of the service work done to the boat in the past, I had them go completely through the boat including mounting an in hull transducer for my depth gauge. Found bad universal joints and replaced. Also lubricated the throttle and the nuetral button for me. $500 later, always looking to save a few dollars where-ever possible. eek!

Talked to a friend who works with the Fountain race team up off of 161 last night. They plan to be at the lake. I guess they were up a couple weeks ago thinking the gathering was then. Offered me a ride in a 85 MPH Fountain and that would be just to much fun to pass up. :D

HyperDonzi
10-16-2002, 02:32 PM
So no more shifter problems? LOL! I will look for you in that Mutual Fun boat....

On the cold weather, Dock Holiday from OSO did a test and found that it takes 24 hours strait of 20 degree temperature to freeze the block enough to do damage. And look at it this way, it is only 30 deg for an hour or two and "needs" to be warmed up the next day. (i.e. Excuse to go boating, wear a big jacket though!

There were a few more people paning to go to the lake a few weeks ago, a guy named Ray who does a lot of boating on Buckeye (HTM 24 SS cat) was going to be there but, only 3 boats were there (all mutual fun's team) and so he deicided not to go to race 3 others.