PDA

View Full Version : Retro Donzi Goodies - UPDATE Dealer on Crack

Ranman
01-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Went out yesterday to Gregory's on Jefferson to look at a boat there for fun. Gregory's used to be a Donzi dealer in the eighties, so they have a Donzi there on occasion. In talking with the parts manager, I found out they have some old Donzi Dudz left from the eighties. He has several T-shirts, a few polos and some other items. Everything in the lot was too small for an adult male (mostly smalls and mediums and maybe some kids stuff). The items would be great for small women or kids.

The funny thing about these items is that they are very 80's-ish but sort of cool. The stuff is all brand new and never worn. One T-shirt is grey with the loin and dolphin logo in shiney silver. Too funny. I'm planning on offering some $$$ for the whole lot of shirts and stuff. I'm not sure how I will try to distribute, either here or e-bay. Would any of you be interested in some old Donzi clothes? Based on the response, I'll post more info when I get it.

Rootsy
01-05-2003, 06:22 PM
hey buster... who you calling small :p

Root.... mr medium...

Ranman
01-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Funny Jamie. I've seen you and a medium in these shirts would be a tight fit. They would however, suit a busty mom quite nicely. :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-05-2003, 06:36 PM
Randy, EBAY them, I would be interested in one of those smalls for my youngest.
Bryan

Sam
01-05-2003, 07:24 PM
Gregory's ! that's a name from the past. I had my first boat boy job there. By the way what were you looking at.

Sam

Ranman
01-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Sam, we looked at a 1996 275 LXC. Never looked at one in person and had some free time on Saturday. If I was to seriously consider a cruiser type boat, I would also keep the Classic.

tamburello
01-07-2003, 09:54 AM
I'd be down for a cool retro shirt for my Donzi girl. Let me know if you put 'em up for sale.

Ranman
01-07-2003, 02:36 PM
People are so funny...

Gregory's called me back today. Here's the deal the old man proposed:

Gregory's cost in 1986

15 Polos @ $23.40
10 T-shirts @ $10.60
1 sweater @ $26.90

He wants to sell me this stuff for his cost of $483.00 I don't think so! This crap has been sitting in the bottom of a display case for 17 years. The majority if not all of it is too small for an adult to wear and would really only be good for kids and maybe the wife (if she'd even wear it). It's ONLY value is the retro-esque novelty and the fact that the stuff says Donzi on it.

Some people just don't have a clue. I may try to call him back and offer like $100 for the lot TOPS! Otherwise he can sit on it for another 17 years. Ha!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-07-2003, 02:54 PM
What is the scoop on the sweater? Size, color etc. and Price he wants now.
I might want that.
Bryan

Ranman
01-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Bryan, He wants $26.40 for the sweater. I dont know the size or color or what it looks like (I only saw the t's and polos when I was there). I'm only driving back down there if they agree to sell me the whole lot so I wouldn't count on getting the sweater. You got first call if I get it though.

There is another Donzi "goodie" I'm interested in there, but the guy told me they want 50% of what it cost new, so my guess is that they're going to tell me the "goodie" will be $600. Not! Won't give it up until I'm sure I'm not getting it, but it's pretty cool.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Randy, WHAT is the other goodie?
You have me thinking, that was some cash in them days for a goodie..
Bryan

MattM
01-08-2003, 12:13 PM
I have stopped in there a few times over the last 10 years and tried to get him to sell me the lighted Donzi sign or the blue banner, to no avail. Either of those would sure be cool to have.

ChrisP
01-27-2003, 02:28 AM
Check E-bay for the banner. There is one on it right now. Not sure if its the one you want.