PDA

View Full Version : OSU beats Miami

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Just had to mention this for the sake of a fellow board member.
First the Miami Dolphins, now the Miami Hurricanes...
I lost the over/under but won the game/spread.

Just ribbing ya POODLE, that was the BEST college bowl game I have ever watched, double overtime, I hope you had a beer and a dog for me.....
Both teams are true winniners.
Off to bed.
Bryan

boldts
01-04-2003, 08:14 AM
I can't agree more! I've never seen such an exciting Championship Game. I think the NFL should adopt the college OT rules because it sure makes everyone watching the game sit on the edge of their seat. I was pulling for the Bucks, but I didn't see a loser at the end of that game by any means! Each team gave all they had and then some. It was truely a fantastic example of American Football at it's best!

Now I'm out the door to purchase a couple Ohio State - National Champion - T shirts to wear at AOTH III for Mr. Poodle. :D

mattyboy
01-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Poodle my condolences
welcome to loosing football anonamous
"hi my name is Scot , and I am a fan of a loosing football team"
Matt wink

smoothie
01-04-2003, 11:45 AM
How about them Bucks :D

Air 22
01-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Great Game...BUT.....MIAMI was robbed of the game in the 1st overtime. That was the worst game of officiating I've ever seen...especially for a bowl game! 5 turn overs yes...but the outcome of a game should not ride on the officials call. The game WAS over...BUT mr. back-judge said...pass interference? eek! on 4th down? come on :mad: ...that was a bad call no if's and's or but's. Event Dan Fout's calling the game agreed that was a horrible call.

Poodle....I feel your pain....BUT we know who the better team is wink

NEXT YEAR... :D :D

smileybo

smoothie
01-05-2003, 10:37 AM
:D Correct me if Im wrong but didnt Miami have another chance to win the game........

Dalelama
01-05-2003, 11:14 AM
Bad call by the ref....
4 attempts from the 1 yd line to score
5 turnovers

The Canes GAVE the game away

5 National Championships
5 different head coaches
... all in 20 years!

Every time the Canes have lost a major bowl game, they had a min. of 5 turnovers.
They don't get beat, they beat themselves.

12 year Hurricane Season Ticket holder

HyperDonzi
01-05-2003, 12:51 PM
That was a great game, yes it was a bad call, but whats done is done :)

boldts
01-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Like was said, doesn't matter now, but I believe Miami got the same lame call on there next possession against OSU. Just a thought here, but I think the defensive hit on Mr. Dorsey may have been the deciding factor. No kid is going to tell his coach he can't play in a National Title Bowl game. Dorsey may have still been seeing stars when he went back in. He's a gamer and I look forward to seeing him in the NFL.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-05-2003, 04:52 PM
We'll Cleveland just blew it in their typical 4th quarter style, we can't expect Ohio too win two big games in one week! eek!
Bryan

smoothie
01-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Come on poodle....cut the crap with all the :) and tell us how it really feels like playing some good old backyard football with us sod busters up north here :D I agree part 2 next year should be another great game!Hey I recorded races at key west if you still would like to have a copy.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
01-08-2003, 07:43 PM
I will have to say the odds are with POODLE on next year... I have been an OSU fan a long time.
Two years running for OSU is allot to ask...
Bryan

smoothie
01-08-2003, 08:29 PM
All BS a side, I was surprised the bucks got passed Michigan......

ToonaFish
01-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Hello, Poodle... Georgia?

Bunches,

Celene "we're right behind ya!"

Tomahawk
01-10-2003, 06:18 AM
Georgia juniors are are bailing out for the NFL.

boldts
01-10-2003, 07:08 AM
Poodle, I have to say as I watched the replay of the hit on McGahee, thoughts of "Cheap Shot" went through my head. I sure hope his career isn't over because when he gets in open field, I don't think there is a team in the nation with an answer for his talent including OSU. OSU only loses 9 players from this year's team and Tressel seems to have the kids in the right frame of mind. Our QB is a med student of all things. No loafing through college for him.

Columbus itself is going wild. The local TV channel is showing the game in it's entirety again this weekend and fans are treating it as if it were a regular season game with parties and tailgating at the Shoe. On the 18th is planned a reception and gathering for all the fans and because the Shoe (OSU Stadium) is the only place in Columbus that can hold 100,000, it's being held there in 10 degree weather.

Hope to see both you & Heidi in May. I'll try to leave the 14 - 0 Undefeated, National Champion tee at home, but I probably will have to bring my new OSU National Champ ball cap with the Donzi hats to give both our FL and MI friends a little something to talk about. :D wink :D

Forrest
01-10-2003, 10:24 AM
I'll remain silent on the Fiesta Bowl, except to say the was the best "edge-of-the-seat" game played this year.

Also, consider this. Not only did Miami loose their bowl game, so did Florida and Florida State. In the past, all of the Florida teams have always won their bowl games each year . . . and they've all been in a major bowl each year for as long as I can remember, well, except maybe for Miami in the mid '90 when they were rebuilding. I think that this has got to be a first.

Hay Toona, it looks Bobby Bowden supplied you guys with a pretty good head coach . . . and for that matter, NC State as well!

----------------------

Forrest - always a Florida State Seminole fan.

ToonaFish
01-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Forrest:
Hay Toona, it looks Bobby Bowden supplied you guys with a pretty good head coach . . . and for that matter, NC State as well!And we well appreciate it, though our Richter scale also has a bit of the Cane glow about him. He's magic and he learned his craft at the knee of the master. Next year will be grand!