PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Boat Show

Sagbay32
01-03-2003, 10:26 PM
2003 Detroit Boat Show
February 8-16, 2003
Cobo Center, Detroit

We should try to hook up like we did last year.

Mike

boldts
01-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Mike - I'd like that. Not in the market this year, but always wanting to see what's available and deals on pieces for the boating season. Hyper had created a post about attending the Cleveland Boat Show a while back and I mentioned that we had all met in Detroit last year. Either one works for me, but I can't go to both. Greek town for dinner after the show was the best last year for me since I had not been there before. Something about feeling the heat from a flame going to the ceiling 4 tables away is so cool! The sharing of the show was also a great way to view a boat show and the group discounts we were able to get didn't hurt either! :)

KRAVEN
01-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Liz and I will be attending the Detroit Show although I doubt there will be any DONZI delears in attendance.Sure would be nice if a new dealer popped up.

goatee
01-05-2003, 12:20 AM
kraven, i think i read your post about 3 times, and i still dont get it...... no donzi's????
WHAT??????????? what kinda boat show is this? are you sure???? i had soooooooooooooooooo much to ask and talk about! i was REALLY waiting for this too!
please say your info is not reliable.,,,,,,,

Doug G
01-05-2003, 09:37 AM
We're in. Even though there probably won't be any Donzi's, boats are boats :D
Time to start thinking spring!!
Doug

Donzified
01-05-2003, 10:06 AM
Pick a date! I may have the One Red Bus and it's par-t goers join in.

Tony
01-05-2003, 11:59 AM
Goatee...sad but true. The nearest Donzi dealer to Detroit is Ski Sensations over in Brooklyn, MI. There is also one just west of Grand Rapids, called High Performance Marine. I will e-mail them to see which boat shows they are going to.

Lansing's is small and this weekend, one year Ski Sensations was there but usually they are not. High Performance Marine is usually at the Grand Rapids Boat show, it runs Feb. 11 - 16.

KRAVEN
01-05-2003, 12:05 PM
Tony,Skisensation went out of buisness last April,the nearest deler is in MULLETT LAKE.If you go to donzi marine and use their dealer finder,the dealer that comes up for my zip code is the DONZI factory.It makes getting warrinty repairs impossible seeing how the factory will not except the boat back for warranity repairs. :rolleyes:

boldts
01-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Ohio, Michigan, Indiana folks. I placed my zip code in the dealer locator and got this dealer in Fairfield, OH. It would be a hike I know for those of you up north in MI, but it appears to be a pretty straight shot down I-75 south.

I haven't talked with anyone there yet, but I'll give them a call to see what their boat show plans are. The Cincinnati show would make sense, but that is a haul for most of you as would Detroit be for them.

PREFERRED POWER MARINE
5850 DIXIE HWY
FAIRFIELD, OH, 45014
(513) 874-3333

Hope we all can get together somewhere this winter. I really enjoyed meeting you all last year.

HyperDonzi
01-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Scott, ive talked to them, they seem pretty nice, enough calls should get them going there...

As for a date--Saturday the 8th would be best for me, being in school, whats good for everyone else?

The 14-16 there is now way i can go, ill be in toledo or tennesse? cant remember which?

Brad Lyon
01-05-2003, 07:38 PM
I planned on going again this year. It would be nice if we could get everyone together again and do a full day like last year ( show and dinner ).

Brad

goatee
01-05-2003, 11:23 PM
i'm still new to all this, never met any of you,
but i'd love to. my email is on my profile, my setting are at exclusive, so it will go to junk mail. no worries, just put DONZI as a subject.
that'll catch my eye!! the first sat. of feb. i have a party. other than that i am free.

too bad about those damn donzi's!!!!

Donzified
01-06-2003, 09:26 AM
How about the 15th?

olredalert
01-06-2003, 09:46 AM
-------Hasnt there been a northern (lake Erie) DONZI dealer that has participated in the Detroit show the last several years?I agree I think they only had one boat,but its something.With all the money in Detroit,I just cant understand a dealership on Jefferson not finding DONZI a profitable line to carry...........Bill S......ol red!

boldts
01-06-2003, 08:53 PM
15th as of now works for me. Maybe I can even get Beth and Allison out of bed at 4 AM to come with me this time. "I promise honey, no new boat this year" (With fingers crossed just in case. LOL) :D wink :D