PDA

View Full Version : What a fun Rally.

harbormaster
10-07-2002, 06:40 AM
Kima and I got in last night.
We had a blast meeting everyone. We would like to
personally thank Bryant - "Donzi Blackhawk" for carting our butts to and from Gators. Bryant has a very awesome blackhawk that most people can only dream of. What a ride!!

Thanks to Dr. Dan and Liz for the ride to Lido beach.

Thanks to the Miller Brothers and their accomplices for helping to make the event a resounding success.

Thanks to everyone who hung out outside Saturday night at the Donzi Registry Wild Turkey courtesy booth. We shut it down after 2 am. (we ran out of booze)

Thanks to the Donzi girls for, well...just being there!

On a final note Kim and I were searched numerous times by the new government TSA goons at the Sarasota, Tampa, and Houston airports.
It is very demeaning and I doubt I will be flying as much as I used to because of it. I believe The terrorists have truly won folks when the USA does this to their own citizens in an effort to be politically correct and not profile.

Oh yeah. In Tampa it was interesting to note that they searched no one who was preboarding with 1st class.

roadtrip se
10-07-2002, 10:24 AM
What a great time in Sota!

The Donzi folks know how to do it up!
Of course, Jill and I are walking Zombies
this morning, but thats only a true indication how hard we played at the Rally.

Thanks to the Baxters for hosting us in the Tin Cup and some truly excellent 45ZX wake jumping.

Thanks to Grizzley for taking us outside in the big water and not being afraid to stuff the throttle. 84 plus miles and hour on the gulf is not too shabby. WOW!

Greg K. Great ride. Now start tuning her. I vote for all red with no stripes, what a beautiful boat!

James. Ditto on the beautiful boat comment right down to the berber carpet.

Doug Valentine. Thanks for the thirty minutes or so, talking racing. She is a beautiful thing and your team's efforts make us all proud. Now go win it all!

Julie, Matt, and Gene from Throttle-Up, great to meet you all. I am even a bigger believer in your voodoo science after talking to Doug V. and hearing what you have done for Team Donzi.

CDMA. I want to see it at AOTH3! Plenty of time.

Great to see everybody in the Donzi family!

Todd and Jill

Greg K
10-07-2002, 11:04 AM
A truly awesome weekend!! I can't say enough about the time my daughter and I had at the Rally.

Thanks to all for making us feel so welcome and it was great to meet everyone that we did throughout the weekend.

And to all at Donzi Marine, Great Job !!

waleyetwo
10-07-2002, 04:39 PM
well it looks like you guys had a great time.
thanks for leting us see what we missed.
maybe next year.
ps and no one got into trouble? :D

clayman
10-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Well, I have been sleeping half the day today trying to recover. What a great trip! It was great meeting everyone, and going for rides in other boats. Hanging out with the Donzi folks, Mike, Nick, Steve, and everyone, especially the Donzi Girls! Meeting the Harbormaster, and the other Donzi net people, awesome. We can't wait for the next one.
James
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jspiroff84.jpg

John and Bea
10-07-2002, 06:29 PM
What a great weekend. It was great to see all of the Donzi's lined up at the Hyatt. It was nice to meet everyone even though I don't remember everyones name. Bea and I had a blast even though it was in our Home waters. The only sad part of the whole weekend was that my Donzi 28zf was in the shop because of a $5 Mercury part that never left Fon Du Lac when it was supposed to.

Thanks to my friends for letting me borrow their Donzi 275 lxc for the Saturday run. Thanks to Doug for taking me for a ride in the F2. (i just happened to be in the right place when he needed help)

Bea and I are already looking forward to the next Donzi event.

Air 22
10-07-2002, 09:54 PM
2003 Rally..one word..AWSOME!!!

Miller Bro's...You are #1
Donzi Girls...WOW!!!
Mad Poodle..Thanks for you help!
Cliff...Thanks for letting me try your 25plus
and anyone else's prop I tried. Great way to learn.
Most of all...DR. DAN & LIZ. I left trailer tire tread all up and down I-95 to and from D.C. Without their help I would still be driving or NOT. YOU ARE GREAT FRIENDS!!! Crissy and I thank you again!!!!!! Dwight

BigGrizzly
10-08-2002, 01:02 AM
There isn't much to say but,Thanks to Nick, Mike and the whole Donzi family. It was an event to remember!!!!.

I would like everyone to know I was sporting a closed cooling system from Proformance Products Technollogies that weighs only 50 pounds and will hold all the HP my boat has. I want to thank them for designing and producing it in three weeks, just so I could make the event with the Criterion.

BTW Kima is more fun to talk to than Scott. Just courious what did Scott V. tell her. Vhen we were introduced she said "So your Big Grizzly" than smiled.

Thanks Brandon for his great pit crew help during the wake jumping fuse holder breakimg event on the way to Gators.

Thsnks RT2 for the ballast and the push in the Gulf. BTW Jill is the fastest docking hand I have ever seen. I pulled up to the gas dock and next thing I knew was we were tied up and she is sitting on the dock fending the boat off the dock. I said WOW, she said "Donzis don't get scratched in my family".

pmreed
10-08-2002, 08:54 AM
Ditto on the thanks to Nick, Mike, and Steve. I know for a fact that a great time was had by all!!. Thanks also to Bill (ole red) for the ride to Lido beach on Sunday when my 22 was on the blink :( . What an awesome ride that El Pescador is. Also to Tomahawk for the help getting the 22 back to the ramp. Problem is fixed by the way...just replaced a cracked Cannon connector.

Nobody told me I'd be this sore! Worst pain is my left arm from holding the wheel while throttling with the right. Might have something to do with the fact that I was holding on for dear life as a result of a broken driver's seat. Ahh, who cares; I just call it getting in shape for the next run. :D

Phil

Crazy Horse
10-09-2002, 09:16 PM
It really was a terrific time. Great to see friends old and new. A special thanks to Bob & Ranya, and Richard & Smila, for riding me around in your (beautiful) boats.

Mike & Nick, it was a fun weekend and thanks for making all of the efforts for our fun in the sun.
The event could not have been better.

Hahbahmahsta, thanks for this cyberspace vehicle for all of us to stay in touch. See you all next time and boat safe.

PS: Rain Man is a very good driver.

DarleneQ
10-10-2002, 06:31 AM
Hey everyone, I just wanted to say thanks to Donzi for the great weekend in Sarasota!

This was my first Donzi family experience and what a time it was! Even though I was only there Friday and Saturday, the trip was well worth it.

I did get the chance to play with the Dolphin early Friday just after putting baby in the water (thanks Mike for letting me take her out for a solo warm up!)

The trip to Gator's was fast and furious. What a sight it was to see so many Donzi's play together at around the 75 mph mark.. yea!

I did not get to see the pictures or video the helicopter took Saturday. But, I'm sure there are plenty of shots of a few boats completely out of the water... some vertical... some horizontal ..I would love to see them.

I spend most weekends playing in West Palm Beach waterways, so being in new country was a learning experience to say the least. It's nice to play in a different sand box once in awhile!

Any of you want to play on the East Coast of Florida, Peanut Island is a great place to meet, park and play. An island to anchor on the sand bar, an inlet that is boater friendly just around the corner, and lot's of people to play with. Just look for the white, red, and yellow 22ZX !!

See you all next time!