PDA

View Full Version : Minx brochures, specs, etc.................

Stix Magill
11-21-2001, 10:29 PM
I would like to know if anyone has any catalogs, brochures, owners manuals, etc. for the 1985-1987 Minx Limited Editions. I have one of these boats and I would like to know how they were equipped when they were new (carpet, seats, lights, gauges etc.). I love my Minx but I am anxious to compare it to a 22 Classic. If any of you have experience in both boats, please let me know your thoughts.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

Scott Smith

http://stixmagill.homestead.com/files/donzi101.jpg :) :)

Greg
11-22-2001, 09:39 AM
Stix, I picked up some Donzi lit. from '84 and in it is a sheet on the Minx. There is no photo just a line drawing of the Minx and the specs on the back.
They are: Length overall 20'1"
Beam 7'
Draft to Keel 20"
Draft (outdrive)33"
Gross Weight 2700Lbs.
Fuel capacity 40Gal.
Standard power 260 Merc.
I have it scanned in to my computer but am sorry to say not savy enough to knock down the file size to respectfully post it. If you like I can e-mail it all to you, just be prepared for a lengthy download. Greg

Stix Magill
11-22-2001, 10:21 AM
Greg,

I would love to have a copy of what you've got! That is exactly what I need. Shoot me a copy of that at your convenience to:

stixmagill@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

Scott Smith

:)

Stix Magill
11-25-2001, 06:07 PM
This brochure mentions standard power as 260 Mercruiser. Is that the displacement or the HP?

Thanks for the help guys!

Scott

:)

MXRoadster
11-25-2001, 07:49 PM
Stix, the 260 Mercruiser is a 350ci GM with a claimed 260 HP. Its the same setup I have in my 83 Hornet.

David

Dalelama
11-25-2001, 08:22 PM
I saw what I think was a Limited Edition behind a house in Miami Beach... it was up on davits... so I couldn't really tell the overall length ... but it was a DONZI and said Limited Edition... it had "euro" type white vents (I have stainless) and a white "glassed in windscreen... not smoked plexi like mine... kinda of reminded me of one of those all white Mercedes "Euro" versions... this boat was white w/ drk blue sides.... it's been covered since the first time I saw it... dunno what power it has.

I've got the only factory fuel injected Minx that I know (or the list) of.... the motor is rarer than the boat! The other Miami Minx (Paulo) has the 300 hp 350 Merc... noww under total restoration (boat/motor/drive).

BTW, was a bit bumpy in the Bay today... but still 82 degrees... NO clouds.. ouch... I'm sunburned!

barriebites
12-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Hey Greg,
I would really appreciate a copy of the info on the Minx as well! I bought the one from MA with the 383 stroker that was posted in here this summer. It is a great boat! It's my first Donzi, but I have been boating for 50 years. I live north of Toronto, and have the Minx on Georgian Bay. We get some huge waves, but it has handled them with ease.

My email is maico-man@hotmail.com

Thanks very much!

Larry

VetteLT193
12-28-2011, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE=$originalposter]I've got the only factory fuel injected Minx that I know (or the list) of.... the motor is rarer than the boat! The other Miami Minx (Paulo) has the 300 hp 350 Merc... noww under total restoration (boat/motor/drive).[/QUOTE]

I think Cuda's was originally fuel injected. his was white hull sides, dark blue bottom, white deck with a blue stripe and was set up as a tender for a yacht.

mattyboy
12-28-2011, 12:17 PM
this is an old thread at that time I think cuda's boat was dalelama's pretty sure he sold it to cuda

gcarter
12-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Cuda's old yacht tender is now in Sweden.
I'm sure it had seen better days.

biggiefl
12-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have a brochure for the 22C from say 93-97(preferably 94) that they could e-mail me or possibly post? I have one from 91 but it is HUGE so I can't scan it to reciprocate. 91 does not offer much for Info.

joseph m. hahnl
12-28-2011, 04:53 PM
The Minx owners manual has 2 supplemental pages, the rest of it is a generic book that covers all of the models at the time. the supplemental pages basically cover the specifications and the instrument panels gages