PDA

View Full Version : HIS...story,...with Allan B's help, narrarated by Formula Junior

oldLenny
11-21-2001, 09:14 PM
AB and Formula Junior. In your post(s) (THE LIST)of Donzi history and designs/offerings, what are the chances of including times and titles, of the different boats, a list of who owned the company, who built the boats and such etc. Which design offerings came under a "New" title of Ownership. I find it interesting that "Shepherd" and "Chris Craft" have all had a hand in these lay-ups from time to time and I think the people owning this COMPANY, or Licensed, to make these boats is very interesting...??? Too much of a task?...

As well, what are the chances of finding out what the ORIGINAL PEOPLE involved in this COMPANY went on to do once they left..

Aronow
Tele-flex
Chisholme
OMC
American Marine

...and all the stuff I don't know about...

Formula Jr
11-22-2001, 12:46 AM
You ask alot Len. After the Teleflex sale Donzi was squarely in the middle Of Corp Boat world. Tracing ownership in this is basicly meaningless. They trade companies like baseball cards.
The big jump was the OMC sale. Though Donzi still made the performance boats, its primary interest was reaching the widest audence it could. I had thought that donzi had lost its way till I read of Mark's Daytona 3250. OMC would never have made this boat. I'm glad American Holdings is looking back at finding the true traditions. I added a narrative to The List (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=002996) to address this question and put it all in one place.

Doc, can ya run that AOTH Tape again. I'm feeling much better now.
;)

RickR
11-22-2001, 08:05 AM
From 1985 till 1989 it was Dick Genth and "Team Donzi". They were corporate but they built some nice Classics and Zs. They had big plans till the price of fuel went up in 1987. Dick built a beautiful factory in Sarasota. Stromer works there now, it's a Chris Craft plant.