PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Friend in Germany needs help.

harbormaster
11-21-2001, 09:51 AM
I was emailed by a gentleman in Germany who need some information on his 90's model Donzi Medalion 152 Jet. The little sticker with all the Coast Guard info must be non-existant. The info he needs and photo of the boat follows...

Hello Scot,
here is a foto from the boat,
i need informations about :
U.S. COAST GUARD
MAXIMUM CAPACITIES
?? PERSONS OR ??? LBS
??? LBS. PERSONS, GEAR ????
MODEL: 152BR
MANUFACTURER: DONZI MARINE SARASOTA, FL
must be a sign about this in the Boat ?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/DSC00065.JPG

harbormaster
11-24-2001, 08:40 PM
OK All you freaking "know-it-alls" out there. I am still waiting for an answer. Anyone know anyone who has one of these who can answer my question???

Gearhead99
11-25-2001, 08:09 AM
Sorry, never saw or heard of one.

Shanghied Again
11-25-2001, 08:17 AM
I know that it was a Jet boat they produced for a short while that ended production, I think in 96. I am pretty sure I have to find the old brochure on my 16. But some guy I once new had one. He used to come over to me at Catus Island because he had a Donzi. I am pretty sure she carried 4 persons at 750lbs limit. Scot ask the dealer they made them when the Millers were there.

BigGrizzly
11-25-2001, 10:32 AM
Bateman had one. I don't know the capasity but you could see Bill and at least two good looking blonds and a brunette on most weekends at Cocktail cove on lake Lanier. Yes it was a sport jet.

Randy

olredalert
11-25-2001, 10:46 AM
Had one of these strange little buggers run by me the other day.Friend of mine from Kentucky says an old guy(we are both in our 50s so he must be oooold)has one that he wants to sell.Its in absolutely mint condition and has a new trailer with it.Thanks to this board I know what its worth,and I can buy it for substantially under that,but Im hesitant to buy it for resale because I just dont know if there is a market for the thing.What do you guys think?No matter what a blue book says,if you have no interest,it aint going to get sold!.......just.....careful.....ol red!

Bad-Tat
11-25-2001, 12:15 PM
As Randy said I had one of those jets. Neat boat that would jump and spin just like a jet ski. Had it over 10' up jumping wakes. Little hard on the back if you didn't time the landing right.
It was rated for 4 people and 750 lbs. Mercury sportjet power. Mine had the 90hp in 94 then Mercury came out with the 120. Would top out at 38 with the blondes on board!!! They really liked the sundeck feature.

SundanceKid
11-25-2001, 09:55 PM
Just got back from Georgia for Thanksgiving, lotta fun! This is correct, 4 peoploe/750 lbs., Merc SportJet (90, and later 120 HP). Took one to the keys when they first came out, whatta blast! We must of had that thing about 5 or 6 feet in the air off a wake from a sportfish.