PDA

View Full Version : If you could get an outboard..........

1996Z15
10-06-2002, 11:07 AM
If Donzi's were available with outboard power would you have chosen that method to power your boat? I know that the 16' was available for a short time with outboard power but, to my knowledge, none of the larger models have ever been offered that way.
I am researching what boat I will buy when the time comes and everyone keeps telling me that an outboard is the way to go and that would rule out almost all of the Donzi's out there.
If anyone could give me some pro's and con's of outboard vs sterndrive I'd appreciate it.

Greg Maier
10-06-2002, 11:31 AM
Inboards with thru transom exhaust sound much better !

1996Z15
10-06-2002, 12:01 PM
I agree that there is nothing like the sound of a rumbling V8 in a hi-performance boat but from a performance / servicability stand point I've heard that an outboard, especially today's advanced models, perofm better and more effeciently.

McGary911
10-06-2002, 05:37 PM
Donzi ZF boats have outboard power, but this may not be what you have in mind. Check the Donzi's website, or the Model List (http://www.donzi.net/dlist/index.htm) on this one. There is a guy who puts in a big ZF at the ramp next to my boat slip, and its a very pretty machine.

HyperDonzi
10-06-2002, 06:56 PM
I would take a Donzi with an outboard on an i/o! If i had the choice, I would choose the I/O, love the transom without some ugly black oil spitting outboard (I know, theres 4 strokes....) Except on some bigger cats.