PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Donzi?

Tony
01-02-2003, 09:52 PM
My wife and I will be in the second row of Joe Louis Arena Friday night for the Red Wings vs. Coyotes game. Sandwiched between a stop at Greektown and a night at the Ren Cen it should be an awesome time.

With my mostly red Ski Sporter, I am considering a smallish-sized (6"?), white, Red Wings decal (the famous winged wheel)...possibly on the transom. I worry that it might look hokey...what do you guys think?

Brad Lyon
01-02-2003, 09:59 PM
GO FOR IT! Or should I say "Let's Go Red Wings!"

Brad

boldts
01-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Tony, ya know if you put the decal on the Ski Sporter, a 22 will show up that you won't be able to pass on. Easy fix though, just buy another decal for the 22. Good luck in the search!

roadtrip se
01-02-2003, 10:31 PM
Tony,

I'll send you a green star logo if you need one, instead of that obnoxious tire with wings thing.

And by the way, we want Hull back.

0-0-4, Stars and Wings in 02. It's a new year and we got your number Detroit...

Todd

Playing great hockey in the south too...

goatee
01-03-2003, 01:22 AM
c'mon man! you know anything with a wings decal on it, is a lot cooler than without!

p.s. we'll start our win column with dallas in the post season!

mattyboy
01-03-2003, 05:52 AM
Please guys get a grip :p
you want to make it look good put a FLYERS decal on it wink eek! :D

seriuosly Tony where would there be enough room on the transom to put the decal centered??that's above the water line?? ,
I would think a smaller decal( about the size of the ones harbor has for sale) on each side by the flags might look ok

c'mon man! you know anything with a wings decal on it, is a lot cooler than without!
Mr goatee DONZI'S CAN'T GET ANY COOLER!!!
:rolleyes: wink :D

Matt

boxy
01-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Tony if you want to put a sticker on your boat, why not show your Donzi the respect it deserves, and put the #1 team in the NHL on your transom.....

http://www.capitalnet.com/~pricemd/sensmed.gif

PS - anybody have an extra $20 million kicking around.
PPS - MattyBoy the new rink in Philly is way cool.. :D

Tony
01-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Sens: 24-9-5-0...53 pts. (trashed the Thrashers 8-1 on Thursday)
Wings: 22-8-7-1...52 pts. (unbeaten in last 10 games)
Stars: 21-10-9-1...52 pts. (they keep tieing the Wings!)

So we really are talking about the cream of the crop here. Sorry, Mattyboy, to exclude your Flyers, aka the Broad Street Bullies!

Goatee has a great point, Todd, we will acrue some wins over the Stars come playoff time. BTW, no...you cannot have Brett Hull back! At the risk of dating myself I remember watching his father play, The Golden Jet. With the most wicked slapshot of his time, due in part to a wild banana shaped hook in his stick, there were no rules against this yet! He forced goaltenders to wear masks, the way the puck would whip out of his blade and rise at a devilish and dangerous angle. The Black Hawks and Wings had a fierce rivalry back then...it's kind of sad to see traditional rivalries fading for various reasons.

Thanks, everyone, for the decal feedback. I might look for a smallish removable one to experiment with, but will of course be wary of messing with the classic look of a Donzi!

Sam
01-03-2003, 01:46 PM
Tony, you have a great looking boat, I think less is more. Just my two cents.

Sam

boxy
01-03-2003, 03:11 PM
March 16 - 7:00 PM
Sens vs Wings at the Joe.....
.....wagers anyone.

Sam
01-03-2003, 04:52 PM
How much can you afford to lose, in U.S. $$$ of course. :D

Tony
01-05-2003, 10:24 PM
Boxy...count me in for a modest wager when the Sens play the Wings. As the date approaches we'll work out the details.

Nice come from behind victory by the Wings just now over the Blackhawks!

goatee
01-05-2003, 11:09 PM
i must say,,, messing with the look of a classic,
...................maybe not. even if it is the wings
i know! get a flag! thats ok? isnt it?